Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Back To The Tuesday Drill

Ok, as I've gotten really erratic with my blog post dates, I've gone back to my old Tuesday schedule. Now that theat's out of the way, I have a LOT of crap to cover.

Listen Up!
I've become the person in charge of the new Novice competition at the WJF. The topic is up on the wjf.com forums for everyone to read. The basic story is that there was a 5 page debate on whether to have this competition at all, and after 5 pages of heated arguments, a decision was made by Jason (founder and organizer for the WJF) to have a volunteer run the competition for this year, and have it be disassociated from all of the other competitions. Then, after the convention is over, he will see as to formally adopt it or not. He asked for volunteers, and I did (noone else even remotely hinted that they wanted to take it up). So now I'm organizing everything for this competition, from rules, to judges, to workshops (along with Jason that is).

In real life news, Racquetball class has been hell. I'm coming home more tired than as if I had just worked a 6 hour shift at Shoprite. It sucks, to put it bluntly. But hey, it's an extra (easy) credit that I need. Especially since I'm back in trouble with grades and the like. I don't want to talk about it here for the world to see (or the small portion of it that actually reads this) but I'll assume you've already figured out what happened by now. So I'll stop talking/typing.

Daily Life:
So I have to give you the fore-story. It's Friday, and I'm scheduled at Shoprite from 4:00-8:00. There aren't that many people working that day, and I've literally just come back from racquetball and am tired as hell. Luckily for me, it wasn't a busy day, plus I got the morale booster of forgetting that I was only working a 4 hour shift, as opposed to the 6 hours I though I had. So basically, 7:30 comes around and I'm about to head back on the registers. I'm about ready to collapse from tiredness and boredom from being on the registers, and the managers then ask me if I can stay later. I'm usually very nice and will do whatever my managers ask me to do, including staying late. I probably don't have to, because I'm in a union, but I don't believe in being a dick. I was really hesitant to say no, and then later while I'm on register and one of the managers is coming back, I cut her a deal. As I've always preferred doing odd-jobs, I say that I'll stay as long as they want me to, as long as I'm doing things like returning carts outside, collecting cardboard boxes, and refilling spray bottles. So they take it up, and I end up staying till 9:20 doing just that, and I didn't mind at all.

So, now jump to Sunday the 7th. I first have to ask a question, what made that Sunday special from any other Sunday of the year? Absolutely nothing as far as I could ever figure out, and yet EVERYONE in the town of WOODBRIDGE decided to go shopping that day, at the exact same time. Everyone, including me, was saying "Welcome To Hell." as each employee was coming in to punch in, including the managers. I don't think you get the full picture yet, EVERY SINGLE REGISTER IN THE BUILDING WAS OPEN AND HAD A LINE. That includes the food court registers, the 2 opposite end express lanes (20 + 21, which are used primarily for storage and are absolutely NEVER open), and even the business canter register, which is only used for
cashing employees paychecks, was open and scanning people. It was the busiest I have EVER seen it in the past 2 years of working there, and the past 10 years shopping there.

So here's the shortened version, as you're already sick of reading.

First thing, as soon as I walk out of the house, I get a crank in my neck. The type that hits directly between the shoulders, that kills. There's nothing I can do though except tough it out. I come in and get welcomed to hell by the managers, who then (by some random miracle) send me to my favorite register, #5 (the 20 item express lane. The lane where it's designated express, so you only get short orders, yet the customers can still bag their own stuff). I get the adrenaline going with the help of a mountain dew and go through what had to be at least 100 customers within the first hour. Thanks to the adrenaline I had going, I didn't even feel the crank or the cut I got on my hand when I accidentally scraped into a sharp edge on the register. Then I slowed down a bit, as the adrenaline wore down, and I finished another hour off before going on my lunch break.

When I got back, they then sent me over to the food court registers to let J**** go on her lunch break. So I'm going to be spending the next half hour there. The awesomely horrible thing is, as soon as I get there, and J**** leaves, teh register breaks and won't turn on. I'm sitting there for about 10 minutes trying how to fix it, and having to turn down every customer except the ones who were getting pizza, which I just took the money and put it straight into my till. After not getting anyone from the front to come and help restart the register after I paged for them, twice, I managed to find where it plugged into the electrical socket, and after another 6 minutes of rebooting, I was finally open and working. 5 minutes later, J****'s lunch break was done and I headed back, where they then had me do returns for basically the rest of my shift. Another thing I haven't explained yet, due to the HUGE flow of customers, there are at least a dozen FULL carts of returns just sitting in front of the frontend at any one time. It was mayhem, as me and 3 others, including Kyle and Dan were doing returns for about 2 and a half hours. So 10:00 finally rolls around and I punch and leave, without ever taking my 15 minute "mandatory" break. Whatever. I got home, collapsed, and didn't wake up for another 6 hours.

Juggle This:
Not much happening in my juggling life, other than the huge WJF organizing thing. I came up with a great 3 ball shower variation. It's a 615150 where one of the 5's is thrown under the arm. It really looks cool, especially when I do it as a pattern and not just a trick. Either way, you'll see it eventually. I've decided now, for the purpose of organization, I'm going to make a private list of all the tricks I want to use in my next juggling video.

Speaking of which, Tossik launched, and it did pretty good. I got great comments and compliments from everyone, plus about 150 views within the first 24 hours or launching it. Awesome. I've yet to put it up on my site however, as I still can't access my FTP, as I've explained in previous posts. But until then, you can download the Wallpaper / Preview, or just watch the video itself, if you haven't already here. And don't forget to watch the special video's surrounding it. Project 6 / Tossik Extras and Project 6.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?