Sunday, February 04, 2007

 

Sole Survivor

Listen Up! EDIT!
<- Look at what I just managed to grab. I finally got myself a Nintendo Wii. Hellz Yeah. Ok, so here's the story. I wake up this morning (Monday) and head out for my Math class at MCC. On the way back, since the class ended early, I figured I'd run over and grab myself some lunch at the Stewart's on the road going between Woodbridge Ave and Route 1. After that was over, I figured I'd swing by Circuit City, as I heard that they (at one point in the recent past) had Wii's in stock for about 36 hours at one point. I thought that that would be my best chance to get one, was at CC. So whenj I went in and they didn't have one, it rekindled my fire, and I started planing out in my head how now I would be camping in front of CC when their shipments came in on Sunday. Thinking about games so much, I decided to swing past Gamestop, as it was on the way home from CC anyyways, to pick up a DS cartridge that I'd been wanting recently, Wario Ware. So I run in and crack a joke or two about how they fixed the display by the door (for the past few weeks, every time the door opened, a strong wind would blow over everything on display), and go on to looking at the DS rack. I jokingly remark to the cashier, "I don't even have to ask, you don't have any Wii's.", "Actually, we just got in a shipment this morning, and there's one left." Two words to describe my face, Christmas Tree. I hadn't even been seriously camping or hunting for one for the past 2 or 3 weeks, and then on a random side-trip, one just falls right into my lap. I grab it and I've been happily plugging away at Twilight Princess and Excitetruck for 8 of the past 11 hours (only taking time off to watch Heroes and do homework). Worth. Every. Penny. (for those who have their Wii's connected to the interweb, my console number is 3826 2488 3801 7008, add me to you're address books!

Listen Up! OLD!
No big announcements this week, though a few teasers. I'm working on a new, well, sort of new WMP skin project. Think about it for a while, and you should be able to figure out what it is. Also, I'm starting my next major Juggling video, no name yet, so don't expect it too soon. Otherwise my to-do list is just too big to list.

Daily Life:
Friday. Ok, so I'm scheduled 4:00 to 10:00 as usual, I come in and it is PACKED, luckily for me, all the registers were occupied as well. But they send me to #12 regardless, I scan all of 5 customers before they send someone to me and tell me to do returns. So I head down and do some returns. After about a half-hour of that, I get called back to the front, and they tell me to go give the guy on the food court register a break. They tell me specifically "come back here when you're done, don't take you're break yet." So I go over and give thew guy his break, nothing really special or interesting happens there, and so I go right back to the front when he returns and they send me to register #16 or so. I can't remember exactly which register because, here's the great part, after scanning ONE customer, they send someone over to me so that I can then take my lunch break. This is a little strange and funny, but nothing out of the ordinary for Shoprite.

I say hi to D on my way down the registers, she says she's feeling a little bit pissed because of her kids, so I decide not to bother her, and go take my lunch, where I manage to burn my mouth (which is still burnt by the way) from a hot package of Kraft Easy Mac, ow. Well, I come back from my lunch which is around 7:30 or so, and they tell me to do more returns, so I get to work on that. My second cart going to the produce section, and right after I grabbed it, I see D storming off to the punch clock, scoffing at the managers. She didn't say anything else, other than "That's it, I'm done. I quit.", and nothing specific about what happened. So I'm shocked and confused as to why she would quit after being happy here for the past year and a half. (Me and D both started working here from the same batch of employees, and she and I were the only 2 left who had never been fired or to have quit. Granted a few have quit and then come back, but that was just because they wanted the summer off or something.) So as I have to get back to work, seeing as how the managers were starting to come towards her, I had to run off in the other direction. I caught up with her later just as she was leaving the store, and she was talking with someone else, still in an almost blind-rage, talking about how "this person can yell at the customers, but I can't? It's favoritism!" . So I managed to gather from thast that she was possibly yelling at a customer for coupon hording with bad, expired, or otherwise not valid coupons and got yelled at by a manager, meanwhile the person a register or two away yelled at the same customer and didn't get yelled at (it's international coupon hording day, and everyone's coming in multiple times to horde coupons and stuff, I collected about 20+ coupons for the 5 customers I scanned all day). So that sucks, and now I'm the only remaining member of my batch of employees to never quit or be fired.

I ran returns for basically the rest of the night, through my break and after. I talked to my co-worker in the Bakery dept, who is a Diggnation fan and didn't realize until episode 68 that I was the juggler from 66. Talked a bit about the iPhone and episode 80 and stuff, so that was a nice break. Either way. So at about 9:10, right as I'm about to take the last cart of returns from the front, (yeah, there was that many) the managers stop me and have me run and refill the Spic n' Span bottles. It's amazing, how just 2 weeks ago, we didn't have enough for the front desk, much less the registers, and now we have two on each register. So after going to get a few bottles of concentrate for the cleaner (as noone ever bothers to refill the empty ones in the upstairs maintenance room), I manage to fill them all and punch out right at 10:07. All in all, it was an interesting day.

Juggle This:
I've started gathering footage on my next video, "#95". I'm recording some pretty good tricks already, how about a 5551 ran in a reverse cascade for about 20+ catches? What about some Triple Shower variations? Blind Catches to backcrosses anyone? More to come!

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?