Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

Random Tinkerings


Listen Up!
If you haven't heard yet, my next juggling video "C.J.W.S." releases on Thursday. So get ready for that. Here are some extra's for it.

Daily Life:
Nope, no Shoprite stories again, as a result of them cutting back on everyone's hours, including mine. However, I have become a part of the MCC Computer Enthusiasts club, which meets every Tuesday and Thursday. So far I've been to 2 of the Tuesday meetings (today being one of them), both awesome. Ok, so I manage to wake myself up early enough to get there by using a combination of music, an open shade, and alarm clock. I am not a morning person. What sucks though, is how no matter what day, or what time, the parking lots at MCC are always packed, and the place where the meetings are is right in the goddamn middle of campus. So no matter where I park, I have to walk a while. Luckily, I have a resistance to cold temperatures, but even so, I hate the wind. So bottom line, I get there, and everything is awesome for the next 3 hours. I juggled, I played Wii, etc, etc. It was awesome. Not much else to say about it.

Then I have to get to my CAD class, again, halfway across campus from my current location. I get the news that our project (along with everyone else's) is
going to have to be rechecked for every error and imperfection on it, and when the final one is handed in at the end of tomorrow, each error/imperfection will count for 10 points. Bottom line, I had to fix all of my drawings because he wasn't in class today (I don't blame him though, we both thought that the last hand-in was the final one), and all of the drawings he did, I don't have. So our grade will be hinged on that just a bit. End CAD class.

Now, onto the hour break between classes on Tuesday. I have not eaten at all today, after having woken up at 10:00, and it now being 5:00. I am starved to hell, and when I go to the cafeteria to get my cheese-steak and fries, I find that they're not only out of fries, but they're out of regular cheese, so I had to get a cheese-steak with nacho-cheese, you know, the type that goes on pretzels. Needless to say, it wasn't as satisfactory as usual, but then again, I was so hungry, I didn't care that much for taste. But back to the break, J brought in his DJ equipment (why, noone knows) and there was a whole breakout dance session for the entire hour. Being me, I try to incorporate some ring juggling and stuff into dance moves. It's almost working out for me, I actually found a few good dance moves that work with ring tricks, such as a ringspin 360, only put in that "body trail" dance move in (where you would move you're feet first, and the body would follow them around). Either way, I ended up sweaty as hell, and satisfied with all the new stuff I came up with while I was trying this. I was trying all kinds of ring tricks, none of which I can remember right now (I know I did a 5551 with full-reverse throws). Whatever. End break.

Psych class went as usual. Great, philosophical, questioning, and really involved. I enjoy that class, more that I thought I ever would (and I knew that class was going to be fun heading in). So that closed out, and my day ended, and now I'm tired as hell writing this, and the new DVR is being installed tomorrow. My speech is on Thursday and my gig at Matthew Jago school is on Friday. This is going to be an interesting 3 days, oh, and I forgot to add in my video release.

Juggle This:
Two words, Click Tricks. Yeah, I've found a few new tricks that I can now do on command, and a few older one's I completely forgot about. One is the 3 ring spin (where after you make each catch, you spin the ring at least once before throwing it), which I can do on command for at least qualifying in 2 count, and flashed in 1 count. Another trick is again with rings, the sideways facing shower, just a 3 ring shower, only now the rings are being made with outside throws, as in a full reverse. Also, 3 ring backcrosses in 2 count, now available on command. I almost managed to flash 7 balls the other day, I got 5 catches out of the 7, I am so close I can taste it.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?