Thursday, April 05, 2007

 

More Than Less Than You Thought You Knew


Listen Up!
I've started a new podcast. Not part of Mobius-X, but only under the 3LN name. "Jugglers On Juggling", hosted by myself and Martin McCrory, is the first American podcast focused entirely on Juggling. Nothing else, just juggling. News, interviews, opinions, debates, props, whatever. If you can manipulate it, we'll probably talk about it. The first episode is scheduled to release on Monday, April 9th, and will feature Jason Garfield as a special guest.
Other projects on my to-do list include MX Red (being pushed back to an unscheduled release date due to changes), and that's about it. All my other projects are in "cryo", or basically, They won't be done anytime soon, so don't even bother mentioning them. Otherwise, enjoy the new podcast when it premieres.

Daily Life:
Well, you may have noticed that I'm late with this blog post, that was intentional, as I wanted to write about today. What happened today might you ask? Well, just a little thing called the Diggnation Meetup and Screening in NYC. How about that? Before you ask, yes, it was worth the $50 totaled up. Ok, so here's what happened.

I go to my normal classes at MCC, which would then get out at 5:00, and I planned to catch the 5:40 bus to NY that leaves from right in front of my house. The schedule said the bus would arrive by 6:40, giving my ample time to get to the theater on 3rd Street. I forgot though, it never takes less than an hour to get through the Lincoln Tunnel anytime between 5:00 and 8:00. So It's 7:00 already when I hail a cab to get there. Takes another few minutes, and then I arrive and sit down with everyone else. Gordon, the leader of the computer club at MCC, who was supposedly going to go as well, didn't show up, and I was the only one there. But that was ok, after the episode was done being shown on the movie screen (the premise was that they would rent a movie theater and play the latest episode of Diggnation there), and the lights go up, people get their first look at me, and immediately I get those "you look familiar" looks. As we head downstairs for pizza and to hang out as planned, someone finally realizes I'm Reeses from episode 66. I had brought my juggling equipment with me for this very purpose. I gave a quick show, much to the approval of the 30+ people there, and continued to hang. The hanging out downstairs had to be the best part though, as it was the best discussions I've heard and been involved in in a while. Felt good to be with a bunch of true geeks who know what's going on, and will listen to anything I have to say, lol.

So after an hour or two of that, plus free pizza while everyone was there, I catch a cab as everyone else over 21 heads to the bar which was giving a special discount for all the Diggnation fans coming over. I get to the bus station and head home, feeling awesome. I'm definitely going to the next one, and this time, I'M GETTING AN EARLIER BUS.

Juggle This:
If you haven't heard, or didn't read the "Listen Up" section of this page, "Jugglers On Juggling", the first American podcast dedicated to Juggling, will premiere it's first episode on Monday, April 9th, and will feature special guest Jason Garfield.

In other, more juggling related news, I've been working on my 5 ball stuff in getting ready for WJF4. I can now call my cascade and half-shower performance ready, and my reverse cascade on-command. Otherwise, I've been trying to remaster some of the tricks from my earlier videos. You see, when I make a major video, usually one of 2 things will happen to the trick I performed in the video, it will either become an on command trick, or I will never bother doing it again. I'm trying to work on those "never do them again" tricks. Things like the 4b multiplex backcross, multiplex shower with 4, 3c back passes, and a bunch of other stuff. It's working, let's put it that way. I can't wait for WJF4.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?