Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

One Simple Friday


Listen Up!
MX Red - Standby, stage 3 of 4 :: Juggling Video 8 - Working, stage 1 of 3 :: Website Updates - Complete. Check it out. :: Other stuff is working.

Daily Life:
Now that you've skipped the announcements section looking for something interesting, I have yet another Shoprite story, that's not entirely Shoprite. FLASHBACK! WAY BACK! FRIDAY NIGHT!

Ok, so Friday was scheduled to be All College Night at MCC, and it was. Problem was, I forgot on Tuesday, to call Shoprite and request off for that day the week before. Stupid me, so I ended up being scheduled, 4 to 10:00. Which is a great thing, because I now actually have enough hours for my paycheck to be worth something, but it sucks because the ACN starts at 9:00. But what happened at Shoprite was awesome enough. First, as soon as I come in, I get sent out to do the ALS donations at the door, this is the last day they were going, and we were picking the winners of the raffle at the end of my shift. Not 10 minutes after I get out there, Joe comes past (the guy who pushed the shopping carts around the parking lot and getting them setup nicely) and says he needs my help. I ask what with, he says he's got a line of shopping carts (a line being that they are stacked within each other) half the length of the lot and needs someone to steer. I go out to help, and he wasn't kidding for crap. The line had to have at least 70 carts lined up, and it spanned at least a dozen parking spaces. No exaggerating, it probably weighed more than a small car. So, he starts pushing and I'm up front steering, and after not a hundred feet, he stops and says he'll have to split it up. Meanwhile, he's blocking 2 people from getting out of their parking spaces. I say "No. You steer, I'll push." I've never felt stronger in my life, it literally felt like I was trying to push a car around with it's parking brakes on. Regardless, I pushed it the remaining 200 feet or so to get it to the sidewalk, and run back inside to continue what I'm doing. Let me put it this way, he owes me one.

So after that happened, the rest of the day wasn't all that eventful. I took my break, which was strange how I only got one break for a 6 hour shift, usually it's a mandatory break and an optional 30 minute lunch which I would always go on. Regardless, the 30 minutes wouldn't have been paid anyways, so it's more money in my paycheck. So I come back from break, go out to collect the things and we draw the winners, which was fun in itself. A lot of the people didn't fold their things before putting them into the bins, so we spent at least 10 minutes folding every ballot for all 5 prizes. Then after drawing them, I helped the managers in the front call the numbers, and there was one number out of the five, that had a 908 area code. The only codes that can be called from the front end are 732. So I was given the task to run around and find out how the call a 908 number from the store phones, because we can't use cell phones. After a while, I found out that you have to dial 1908 on line 5 in order to place an outside call to a 908 number, so I did that and left a message on that persons answering machine.

So after THAT happened, there wasn't much left to do and they let me go 15 minutes early. Around 9:46 or so, and I rush out to drive to the MCC campus.


Daily Life 2:
NOW I can talk about All College Night. This is a very long blog post.
Ok, so I brought my Eat Sleep Juggle shirt with me and all my props in the truck while I was at work, and I was sitting there changing shirts and organizing things in the truck before I even left. I go out and get there around 10:10, which was a great amount of time, and when I got there, nothing was happening from what I heard. So from there, I started doing what? Juggling. A couple 5 ring runs, some club stuff, teaching someone the first steps to juggling 3 balls, you know, just social juggling. Then, around 10:30 or so, they turn off the lights in the techno room (also known as the Computer Enthusiasts Club's room), and free glowsticks. I knew about this being in the CEC club, so I knew exactly what I was doing. I borrowed some tape and 6 glowsticks, and taped them directly to my juggling clubs. Can you say life of the rave? Yes, there was an "expert raver" there, who really knew his way around glowstick handling, but I kinda stole it from him after not only taping regular glowsticks to my clubs, but some glow wristbands around the edge of one of my rings and starting to combine dance moves with ring spinning tricks. Awesome. At one point, I taped another glowstick in the middle of another of my rings, and grinded that one on the one with the ring around it. Let me just say, power gem. The picture is in the line of pictures below.

Then, all was great for a whole, then it got even better when the party started winding down. As I noticed Rishad was attending, who I hadn't seen since my Sophmore year of High School, so now I'm in contact with him again, and also, I found a bunch of balloons and did some helium voice stuff, which I'll put up on youtube at a later date. Also, while I was helping packing up all the DJ equipment, I did some cool stuff, including balancing a 30lb, 9' tall tripod on my chin. Bottom line, it was like any other party, only much more awesome. Pictures below, and I didn't talk too much about it because this post was already long enough.

: : : : :
And for more pictures of me and others, go to TechMCC.com
Also, there's a video here On YouTube.


Juggle This:
Jugglers On Juggling is awesome. We're about to release episode 4 soon, and we've got an idea floating around, that's not set in anything yet. So I won't talk about it.

As for what I've juggled recently, well, footage for video 8. Including a cool 4 ring string that I got earlier today, and a nice 5 ball string which I already mentioned, as well as a few other things. I think I'm finally getting good enough to be somewhat impressive. We'll have to wait and see though. Expect video 8 to come out sometime late next month.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?