Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

Holy 21st Of May


Listen Up!
Standard Deviation has proven to be hugely successful. It's already got more than 400 views in less than a week, and is the 5th most popular video I've made yet. Go watch it and comment. :: MX-Project C, has hit a snag, before it even started. The other guy who was going to help me with it is suddenly not contacting me about it. I guess I'm on my own. :: My next WMP skin has been taken out of cryo and it's almost ready for announcing. But I'd still like to wait a while and see what else I can some up with to put in, plus I have to redesign one of the 5 major sections still. Bottom line, it's coming. :: JoJ is back, even if episode 6 isn't really all that wonderful, it's still released. It seems we're getting some negative feedback from Rec.Juggling, but whatever. I have a headache and you'll find out why below.

Daily Life:
Ugh, do I really have to talk about today, all I want to do is go to sleep...

Ok, since I have to. Picture if you will, I'm just coming off of the flu, or something, which I've had since Wednesday. I'd called out of work for 2 of the 3 days I was scheduled over the weekend because of it. Now, today, due to a lovely cancellation of my class for summer, the only one that actually FIT into my schedule, not I'm taking a 3 hours each day, 4 days a week course, WITH HW and reading every night. Needless to say, I was pissed, and I'm very hard to piss off. So my first class was today, and it sucked. Except for me catching to right answer to a logic puzzle the professor threw out near the end of class. Otherwise, I had to spend another $100 in books out of my already depleted bank account, which my parents said they won't pay me back for. So once that 3 hours is over, I run home only to have my mother call me and ask how it went. Which there are very few things I hate in this world, one is being babied and not-trusted. So I answer her questions and move on to releasing episode 6 of Jugglers On Juggling.

Now, you don't need to tell me this episode is crap, I know it is. It's failed to record at least 3 times already, hence the week delay, and I just wanted to release it before it threw everyone off the normal schedule. So I upload it and update the RSS feed and post it to WJF forum and Rec.Juggling, and that burns up the half-hour I had left between class and my trip to NYC tonight. I didn't have anything to eat yet, I haven't had any time to go to the bathroom, no time to do anything, just run.

So now I'm at the bus stop, waiting to catch the bus to NYC for the 3rd Diggnation NYC meetup. It was the one thing that made today worth it all. Only problem was the bus was 20 minutes late. So that was a fun time waiting for it to arrive, and a good 20 minutes wasting. Which BTW, if you don't know about me, the #1 thing on the list of things I hate is wasted time. Whether it be me wasting time when I could spend it doing something productive/useful/or just catching and keeping up with the world, or whether it be other people wasting my time waiting for the bus, waiting for someone to reply back to an email or phone call, waiting for people to arrive for a schedule that they've made. I hate wasting time. So finally the bus arrives. Now I get on and play some Pkmn Diamond, which is still and awesome game 3 weeks later, and I start getting motion sickness, which I don't normally ever get, but since I got the flu, it's understandable. So I stop playing and chill on the bus for a while. Wait in the usual 6:00 Traffic going to NYC through the Lincoln Tunnel, and I actually made it there pretty early, around 6:45. The meetup is at 7:30. So I'm stoked now, and it's the first good thing that's happened all day, so finally I'm in a good mood.

Now, I'm in line waiting for a cab, and I'm traveling light today (no carrying case for my juggling props, just the rings around my neck and the clubs in my hand), so I'm getting looks and requests from other people in line, and I got like 5 bucks from it, SWEET! So I get a cab and head over to the Turtle Bay, which was only about a mile away from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, and I get there even before Mike does. So he arrives not 45 seconds after I do, and we head upstairs to set things up. Dude, the upstairs lounge of the Turtle Bay is frickin' awesome. They have flat panel screens everywhere, a balcony, 2 projection screens, and big f'n windows for natural lighting. It was like paradise, and best of all, it was free. If Diggnation ever comes to NYC, this is the place they'd have to hold it. So now people start coming in, and I'm rockin' the 5 rings I brought, and then eventually we get all 25 people who showed up in, and begin the episode. I then proceeded to order my first meal I've had all day, a nice juicy cheeseburger and fries. Nothing has ever tasted so good in my life at this point. So that goes on, and the random conversations I'm having with people as the episode's playing on EVERY SCREEN IN THE PLACE, which was awesome. So then the episode ends 45 minutes later, and now we're just doing stuff. I start social juggling, and a lot of people get into it. Doing stuff like throwing me rings to catch on the head from across the room, tossing rings down to me from the balcony, it's awesome. I pulled my first 7531 with rings while I was there too. So this happens for a while, then I'm just conversing and hanging out until 10:30 or so, and then I have to leave. So I catch a cab and then get to the bus and go. Meanwhile, on the bus, I start texting with Nat from MCC, which is always fun, and stuff. And there was no real big end point to this story, so I'll just say I got home, stuff was fine, and now I'm tired as hell and amazed that I just wrote all of that.

Juggle This:
Nothing really happened. 7531 with rings for the first time. Starting to get into flourishes with clubs, and actually managing to do one or two every so often. My 360's and 180's are now basically to the point, where I can do them socially and on command, which is always awesome. I'm looking ahead to my next video, which will actually have a theme and story for, but that's a ways off, so don't even start thinking about it yet...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?