Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

No Such, As Too Much


Listen Up!
MX Red Project - Abandoned by Me, Left in the hands of Dan. :: MX-C Project - Workin on it, still in the testing stages, but right now my co-creator is working on the graphics base, and I've already finished what I can without that part. :: WMP Project - Pushed back into cryo temporarily. I've been so busy with JoJ and classes, I haven't had time to work on much else. :: Jugglers On Juggling - Setbacks, Setbacks, Setbacks. I'm still trying, after 8 weeks, to figure out what's the best way to do things so that everyone likes it. I'm getting some good feedback from the guys on Rec.Juggling, and I appreciate it more than they know, but if you've got anything to say about it, don't hesitate for a second.

Also, I have to announce, that my camera has gone haywire and the batteries weren't connecting right to the contact points. So I was getting about 1 hours worth of life from fresh batteries. Since I still have it under warranty, I sent it back, and I'll be camera-less (except for my old DX7440) for about a week. Thus, my YouTube profile for the next week will be all old videos, if any.

Daily Life:
Holy-crap. God was Shoprite fun the last 3 days. I'm just going to summarize to keep things short. Day One. I come in on time, and I go immediately out to do cleaner refills. Finish that after about an hour of looking for bottles of concentrate and bottles that work, and then it's time to put out plastic bags to all the registers. It's also stocking day, so everyone in the back is moving things around, luckily for me the bags palette was in the back, near a door without a trailer attached to it, so I just hung back and did that for a while. After an hour and a half worth of that, they send me to break and nothing much happens for the remaining hour afterwards.

Day 2 (Saturday), 2 hours on register at 3:00 (peak hours) is fun, followed by a miscommunication and me thinking I had a 6 hour shift with a lunch and break as opposed to the only 4 hours I had. So I take my lunch break and do returns for the next hour after my lunch, still blissfully unaware and believing I would get another break at 8:00, when I'd really be leaving. 8:00 comes and goes, and I figure their late with my break, then I finally get called to the front around 8:30 and am told to go hand in my till and go home. I'm confused as hell, but eventually I figure it all out, and punch out late by about an hour. It works, I'm being paid for it.

Finally, Sunday. I'm sent to the outside register for the entire duration of my 4 hour shift. First, I'm bored, then the ice cream man makes the most genius stop any of them can ever make. Right outside Shoprite, as all the kids are coming out. I'm not going to miss this opportunity, so I go grab one myself, and don't worry, I've got the valid excuse of helping keep order on the line. After all, there were somewhere around 20 kids scrambling, and I was the only one outside to keep things under control and keep the older kids from starting a fight. So that goes away, then I go inside to take my break, they send me to food court for 15 minutes when I'm done with my break so that she can get hers. That finishes with nothing out of the ordinary happening, so I then go back outside and finish the rest my shift out there, including bringing the register back upstairs and helping bring in all the plants from outside to in. So I was again, late with my punch by about 15 minutes, this weeks paycheck should be very nice.

Also I went on my first date with a girl on Monday, but I consider that personal information and I don't like sharing personal stuff to the public. I'll just say, she's cute, has a sense of humor, and is interested in me. Hopefully I'll be going out with her again soon. Until then, I'll just tell you about the movie I saw with her in the traditional way I do.

Reeses2150's Movie Reviews For The Intelligent Human:

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End - 9.0/10
I'll have to say, I severely underestimated this franchise. Disney does know what they're doing with live action films after all. I have to describe what the action is like in this movie first. It's a lot like the old Die Hard movies, resourcefulness movies. Where you're in an absolutely hopeless situation at every turn of the film, and you make the best out of absolutely nothing and come out smelling like roses. It's overly fantastic (in the literal sense of the word, fantasy), but that's what makes it great. You're not trying to be convinced that this could actually happen, just that the visuals are of you being told an incredibly descriptive story by a master vocal storyteller. It fits very nicely.

Acting was great, and Depp I'm realizing finally, was a perfect choice to play Sparrow. He's silly and goofy by nature, and likes playing those characters, and Sparrow is no doubt goofy and silly, with mental instabilities and multiple personalities too, but also a genius. It's a very complex character that comes together very nicely, and I'm assuming that they made him the main character for the first two movies, because Sparrow was only about 3rd or 4th in the line of characters in the film. It's ok though, it worked, and it makes me want to watch the other two now.

Overall, go see this movie the next time you're deciding what you want to see this summer. Epic fight scenes (not as epic as in SM3, but just as dire, and perhaps even more hopeless, with better conclusions), a romantic storyline that doesn't feel like a cheesy hash of a soap opera, and a lot of comedy that will literally make you laugh, even if you don't want to. Empty your bladders beforehand, or you'll feel like you just dropped overboard. Good movie, final word. Watch it.


Juggle This:
66661 first flashed to collect, then flashed back into a 5 ball cascade. All under an 8 foot roof. Awesome. I just wish I got it on camera. I'll get film of it later though.
Otherwise, I've actually been practicing club flourishes! WOW! Never thought I'd be able to do flourishes, but now I've got at least 2 club flourishes I can do on command, sweet!

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?