Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

The Run-Around


Listen Up!
Release date for "Standard Deviation", May 20th. Burn that into you're brains, my next big Juggling video, which is also a double feature video by the way. Watch the trailer on my site Reeses2150.com. :: Jugglers On Juggling is starting to get overhauled and we've got a lot of ideas floating around for it. Hopefully we'll get things sorted out and going steady soon, every episode is still a bit of a struggle. :: MX Red, don't ask. I haven't topuched the damned thing for about 2 weeks. When I finish Standard deviation, I'll work on the Red project, and you've got my word on that Dan.

Daily Life:
Shoprite? Let me see if I can remember what happened. Uh, nope. Nothing really interesting happened at Shoprite over the past 3 days. I was put on the outside register on Friday, food court on Saturday, and normal registers on Sunday. Nothing really noteworthy happening any of those days, which is pretty strange in itself, but whatever. Now, I have to give you SOME kind of story, ah, I know exactly what to tell you.

Ok, so here's the backstory to the story. I've been attending my math class the entire semester, and doing alright in it. It gets to midterm time, and my professor says she can't put my grade into the system because I'm not in her class electronically, so I figure that she meant that there was a computer problem and that I'm on the roster for her class, so I spend the next 2 weeks visiting advisers and registrars, all the while they tell me I'm in the database for my math class, so I assume everything's fine. I don't know how the MCC database works, so I figure it was taken care of. Another week goes by, and she says I'm still not in the class and that I need a signed note from the adviser saying I'm in her class. So I go talk to the advisers again, and they won't give me a note because I'm in the database for my math class, and they can't hand out signed slips to every single guy who walks in. So again, I go talk to my math professor (we're at 4 weeks after midterms now), still thinking it's not a huge problem, and I don't even remember what she does, but it's basically just a "drop the issue" kind of deal.

So now, shoot ahead another week, another test gets put into the gradebook, and she tells me I'm still not in the roster. So I finally go, "Ok, I'm getting to the bottom of this." I pull out all my schedules and check my account on the MCC website, and it takes me about 3 days of doing this, to realize I'm attending the wrong class. By now, it's 5 weeks past the original announcement of my problem, and it's too late to switch classes or drop classes. So now, I've got to get the runaround to try and fix everything and get the grades put in correctly. The basic deal is, if I don't do something, I won't get credit for the course I'm attending, and the course I'm registered for I will get a big fat 0 factored into my overall GPA, even if I take his final and ace it. So now, like I said, I'm running around to advisers, who can't do anything for me now, registrars who can't switch things over without a reason as to why I went and attended the wrong class, and then finally, about 7 weeks after the whole ordeal started, and one week before the semester ends, I get an appointment with my dean, who then figures out all the problems, and overrides everything (Thank You), and gets me switched into the class I've been attending. So now, my professor doesn't really like me anymore, and she's telling me to bring in all the documentation, the semester is literally over, the math final is tomorrow, and she's giving me a hard time about it still. Whatever, I'm bringing in everything I have tomorrow, and whatever happens, I don't know. Bottom line, I hate getting the run-around, me not having a good idea of my own problems, and professors who don't realize how much crap I've just swam through to get to them. I love college...

Juggle This:
Three numbers. 7 - 4 - 4. Yes, the first truly difficult5 ball trick, and my first 5b siteswap besides 5. Let me tell you, I paid for it though, with my shoulder. After getting it for the first time, on camera, I decided to go for it some more, not filming. I don't know what happened, but all of the sudden, after doing nothing, my left shoulder goes out. You know the feeling, it feels like someone just stabbed a 4 inch blade into the base of your shoulder. It hasn't gone away yet. But it was worth it...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?