Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Fighting Fire With Marshmallows


Listen Up!
JoJ. Episode 9 was a bit of a let-down, but episode 8 is still climbing in downloads, it's up past 400! Jason had to pull out of episode 10, so we'll see if someone else can be on, if not, we'll postpone the episode. :: MX-City is again in cryo, so I'm helping instead with the MX-Red project. IDK. Cutenews is an interesting thing, and I'm starting to figure it out. We'll see what happens, even though I never did like the idea of a static frame size site. :: Summer semester is almost over. Actually, tomorrow is the last day, SWEET! Now all I have to deal with is work sucking away my free time. :: I released a new DeviantART photo batch. About damned time too. go check it out.

Daily Life:
Shoprite. I'll never stop getting stories from this place, I swear...
Ok, Sunday. Arrive at 3:00. Get ready for my full on 8 hour shift until 11:00. I take one look at the lines and go "Crap..." Every register is stocked and the lines are to the aisles. They put me on # 13, the half-broken register that has got a nail sticking out of the scanning surface that will slit your wrists if you miss, a busted open light that doesn't work all the time, a keyboard stand that likes to collapse and fall over, and a scanner that doesn't like scanning. Wonderful.

So I do my time there about an hour and a half's worth, then I get called to go outside. And I spend the next hour and a half out there. While I'm out there, I get bored, and start juggling these sticks. They're actually from those American flags you'll stick in the lawn, only someone stole the flags, and there were 5 1/2 cm wide, 12" long sticks just begging to be juggled. I start doing some stuff, and they are REALLY hard to do. I could barely do a cascade with 3, much less tricks. But nonetheless, I decided to try flashing all 5, and on the 14th try, I got it. I was ecstatic, and bouncing around inside, but remained calm and as concealed as I can on the outside as not to disturb the customers any more-so than the juggling did.

So I go in and take my lunch break, and it's good. I had the pizza, which was still horribly expensive, but good because Tiffany made it today. Played Pokeman Diamond, and while I was there, and I also caught Mesprit, which I had failed to do for the past week, and was training a 'mon for specifically to be a Mesprit catcher. Figures I caught Mesprit right after he killed the one I trained and right before he ran away. Enough about Pokemon though...

So by lunch break is over, and I get asked to do returns, and I see there's about 7 carts full of returns, and another employee collecting even more off of the registers. So I figure "Well, there goes the next 3 hours." And I was right too. After about 2 hours of that, I was then told to go on my last break and then refill all the cleaner bottles and paper towels when I got back. Nothing really happened on my break, and the next hour after it was spent filling up cleaner bottles. I've refilled them so many times, I've got a perfect system now to do it, including a way to hold the door open so that it doesn't overheat inside the small closet. But that's besides the point. Point is, I take my time, finish that, come back to the front (which the lines are still insane), and with only another hour left in my shift, I bring things upstairs, garbage to the back, etc, and then block (organizing products on the shelves to look nice) for the last hour of my shift. Go home, and then I collapse.

I was Rd all that time on the registers inside with those mad lines. I guess that's the best part about being on the head manager's good side.

Juggle This:
Well, I may have been working on my picture frame routine, but literally not 20 minutes ago, I dropped the frame while trying something, and it split in half on 2 of the corners. So I guess I'll have to construct a new one soon, and the stand while I'm at it. As soon as I get a free day where I have neither work, class, or other obligation, I'll start working on it.

In other, less negative juggling news, I'm working on my 5551 with the 1 btb. It works very well, and I can get it on every other attempt. I'm still trying to think of 5 ball patterns and tricks I can do under my 8' roof, but for now, I'll just keep practicing my half-shower and reverse cascade. Also, I worked a bit on my 7531's after class today. I'm slipping, and it really sucks not having enough time or gas money to get to a regular practice space indoors with a roof higher than 8' and a temperature lower than 80 degrees. It just sucks.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?