Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Story Of Today


NOW AVAILABLE!

Listen Up!
BASIC 6 is done. Now to relax, but oh wait! My next juggling video is overdue! I love my life...
Actually, I have to work on JoJ still, my next juggling video (still deciding name), and I still have to work on my juggling performance routine. Otherwise, I'm finally free of many things.

Daily Life:
Ok, I know I haven't given you a good Shoprite story for the past 3 weeks, so here's one for ya. I come in today, ready to do anything. I know I'm scheduled from 4:00 to some time later, but I honestly never really know or remember until I check the schedule. I look and see I'm doing a full pull, 8 hours, 4:00 to midnight. I've done this shift before and it is literally the absolute worst shift in history. So I grab a till, a Mountain Dew, my personal fan, and out to the registers, where they tell me I'm going to be refilling the plastic bags onto all of the registers. I've said how fun this job is before, filling the plastic bags, but it's better than being on register. It is one hell of a way to start an 8 hour shift though, so I take my time with it. The interesting thing is how fast they get depleted, I had literally stocked the registers to capacity (7 boxes of bags, each box containing 24 packets of bags, with 100 bags per packet) not 2 days ago, and they are now completely depleted. So I go take 2 hours and do everyone at a comfortable pace that won't work me over or get my adrenaline going so that I can survive the rest of the 6 hours.

I finish that, and they tell me to go on my lunch break. So I go do that. I don't eat anything though, because I wasn't hungry, and I don't know why I didn't eat anything, but that's besides the point. I play Pokemon some more, go back to the registers and am put on register 14 for a while. I realized while I was there that I just took my lunch break, and now had 6 hours of work with only one break of 15 minutes to look forward to. Fun times. So the first 3 hours were pretty uneventful, and in fact, I never even left the register. Then my break comes and I'm starved, because now it's 9:00 and I haven't eaten anything since around 2:00. I grab my food and eat as fast as usual on my normal 15 minute break, and I have no time to relax left over as usual. Would've been nice, but no, I had to squander my lunch break 3 hours prior. Again, fun times.

I come back to the front yet again, and by now, it's time to take all the garbage and cardboard to the back, which is a welcome chance to relax for a minute or two. I come back and am immediately thrust onto register 7 as one of the 4 remaining cashiers. I now have 2 and a half hours to spend as one of four open registers, and withing the next hour, it goes from four to one. I hadn't been the only open register since Christmas Eve of 2005. Again, fun times. Luckily I'm in a happy mood tonight thanks to the Mountain Dew I had earlier.

Basically, the rest of the night consisted of me juggling dividers during the breaks between customers, dealing with the midnight coupon hoarders(which make the daytime coupon hoarders look like casual customers), and explaining to customers why I am the only register open besides self checkout. I'm so tired from it, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Oh, but before I stop my rant/story of today, I have to say that i planned on releasing BASIC 6 earlier before I went to work, but because DeviantART was being a bitch to me at 3:00, I couldn't upload it, and was basically left to release it late when I got hoe not 3 hours ago.

Juggle This:
It's amazing, a full week and a half later, and JoJ14 is still getting hits! It's at over 500 on youtube alone, not to mention the 75 from minorcrisis and the 160 from juggling.tv Easily the most successful episode yet, and the most hated. But besides episode 14, #15 was released, and has gotten very good responses. A lot of people think it's the best episode yet, and I think that's due to Matt Hall. It kind of helps to have been a teacher and have years of experience in lecturing and public speaking. Ah, it's a great episode regardless. I am definitely going to have him on again at some point in the future.

Otherwise, I have 4 performances coming up this month at $100 a piece. So that's 400 bucks, that's actually more than I make most months working at Shoprite! I'm going to go buy myself some new clubs! I'm thinking about my routine still, I've practiced it a few times and have a general idea as to how it'll play out, but none of the specific things are really set, and that's what I'm going to have some problems on. I've got a week before my first performance, so I have time to finish working on these things.

Oh, and by the way, I found the ONLY picture taken of Peden Tower at WJF4 at it's 5 level incarnation. It's over there on the left. Thanks to Nick Jantz for catching it before it came crashing to the ground 10 seconds later.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?