Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

Don't Quite Feel Like It

Listen Up!
Well, Dan's turning Mobius-X into just MX, and redesigning the site, again. Guess what that means for me! Sometimes I wonder why I don't charge him money, I mean I don't visit the site really anymore, and as soon as I finish the modifications to thew site and forums, he's tired of it and wants to change it again. :: School updates are below. :: My next video should be out sometime within the next month or two. You'll see why in the juggle this section. Even besides that though, I've recorded probably half a dozen videos to be uploaded to youtube, so my profile won't run dry for a while. ::

Daily Life:
Yup, School's back in, and guess what, IT SUCKS! Are you reeady? GO! My Physics teacher knows less about what he's talking talking about than I am, and he's worse at head-math than I am. He also is completely unsure of himself and it insanely monotone, I am actually on the brink of falling asleep in this class. It's amazing.

I'm taking precalc, again. Pretty much speaks for itself there. I can't really make any judgments about the teacher yet, because there's only been two class sessions and because she doesn't have a really strong or standout personality like the other two professors I have this semester. She seems nice though, she's a bit misinformed though, but then again, the school switched the books on the class, so half the class, including the teacher had the wrong book. Fun times. But besides that, she's not asking for homework, she seems to be explaining things well (well, well for precalculus. Algebra and math can only be so interesting). Yeah, I think this time I'm going to get through it ok. Problem is, my parents are more paranoid than ever because this is my 3rd time through this class, and if you don't get a C or better in 3 times through, you can't take the class for 2 years again. I know I don't want that to happen, but I don't think they realize that I'm even more motivated than usual to pay attention in class and look over the practice problems. They're still making me do every suggested problem from the book, including plotting points on a graph and drawing a line. I have nothing to say about that.

Before we move off the subject of math class though, my father recently gave me a talk, as he likes to do sometimes, about me doing the practice problems after they made me do day one's practice suggestions. I was probably going to practice the stuff I didn't get in class anyways, but he gave the best speech and analogy he's ever given, and now I'm definitely going to practice whatever I'm not confident about. What did he do? He compared classes with juggling. I know. He basically explained to me how it's similar in a way as if classes = performances and that homework = practice. I can't not practice (do homework) and expect to do a 744 on command (quadratic equations, or whatever). It clicked, and now I get it, and am going to do the stuff, because I know how to practice for things, I just never really viewed homework as practice. I guess that was one of the fundamental problems, but still. Moving on.

Fundamentals Of Electrical Engineering. I am going to like this class, and I already do. First off, I already know a bit about electrics, I took a course in it freshmen year of high school, and I've watched my dad assemble computers many years ago. Plus in high school, sciences were my favorite courses. So I'm coming in, and it's already not hard. My professor, is possibly the best teacher I have ever had in my life, and I've only been to 4 sessions so far. He's even got catchphrases! "Are you ready? GO!" *points at someone to answer the question he asked. Bottom line, he's enthusiastic, he loves what he does, and just like with performing (teaching is a kind of performing, mind you) and it comes across to the audience. I don't want to say he's making class fun, but I do look forward to his class as opposed to dreading the other two.

Juggle This:
LOTS of new records for me. I've just exploded into progression. I have no idea why. So to sum it up though, here's a list of what I just did. Oh, and by the way, I got all of these on film.
A couple of my new gimmick acts will be in this next video.
5 rings, 744 to qualify and a pulldown, and a new personal 5 ring record in the same run.
5 balls, 6x4 double qualifying (already up on ytube).
3 balls, 3up 180 into mills mess.
4 rings, 7531 back to qualify.
5 balls, 2 rounds of 744 to collect.
4 rings, grindback from Standard Deviation, with pickup back into 4 rings.
and last but not least, 8 catches, of 7 balls, clean. Into a wild celebratory swearing!

And as for JoJ? Well, if you didn't hear the announcement from episode 18, Laura Ernst is now the dedicated backup co-host. If noone else can be/wants to be co-host, she'll jump in on Sunday night and record. So WEEKLY EPISODES! YAY! And they're getting a lot better too., Both in how easy it is for me to host, and edit. I'm still slightly nervous every recording, but it's more from trying to keep quiet as usual we record at night as opposed to the actual recording and talking. Either way, episodes are still improving, and we'll see what happens in episode 20, see you then!


A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?