Monday, October 08, 2007

 

Why Bother? BECAUSE!

Listen Up!
Yes, I know this post is being made a week late. It was a combination of business with classes, laziness, and my idea that "I may be able to do a quick visit to Philly Fest on Saturday, maybe..." Sadly I've decided against doing the day trip to Philly, seeing as how I'm a little squeezed for cash, time, and responsibilities right now. I hate that word, responsibilities. I'll make a rant on responsibility later. :: Classes are really starting to suck now that we're about 4 weeks in. Now's the time when "they" are hounding me about midterms, even though those still don't come for another 3 weeks or so. Right now I have to worry about lab reports and quizzes instead. :: JoJ's gotten right back on track. Of course this week's episode may end up being a little bit more difficult to record because Laura's on the road, and this weekend everyone but me will be at Philly. I'll figure something out. :: Yeah.

Daily Life:
Stories, stories, I need more stories. I need them, but I don't have them. Sorry.


Juggle This:
Well, I just released my WJF Profile video, and Joe asked "Why did you make this video?". So here's your answer Joe, because I can. Actually, there are a few reasons. First being I knew as soon as Jason announced it that he'd need at least 1 person to get everyone ELSE motivated to make one, otherwise noone would make any videos and the idea would die again. So I took advantage of how bold I am and made one. Second reason is that I had a lot of great technical footage of single tricks that I didn't think would fit well in my next music video, so instead of having these videos of me doing 94444, a 5 ring flat reverse flash, and a bunch of other tricks, I figured I'd use them in the video, and I wouldn't have to record anything else except for the spoken part of the video. Third, I liked Jason's idea about making 2 videos, one now, and then another right before the convention to show the progression. As I seem to be progressing really fast recently, look at the difference between even "No Sleeves Attached" and my profile video, I'm getting better by the day. So I figure by the time WJF5 comes around, I'll have progressed even more and make another video to show it. So that's why I made that video.

Also, I got in the WJF4 Convention DVD, so it's time to review it. It's a bit short, but that's one of only 2 complaints I can come up with about it. Everyone at WJF4 and their girlfriends rocked, and they all deserved to be on it. The exhibition footage was pretty comprehensive, and the coverage of all the intermediates, juniors, and the beginners comp can't be complained about, as long as they stay as the entire routines and not clip shows. The fact that Jason was taking footage at the library was pretty awesome, and it makes me regret not going. I think I skipped out on it to record JoJ, but that's my fault. One thing that confused me was, did Jason have a steady cam? Or is he just really good at doing the "hold the camera against your stomach and crab-walk"? Because the shots from the pre-convention footage when he was getting Vova doing 7 club 5ups and Thomas it was really smooth and looked like either a steady cam or a boom operated one (which I know it can't be). So good job on the crab walking then Jason, the footage was awesome.

Now onto the complaints. I'm going to be comparing it to the WJF3 convention DVD, which I think is the best of all the WJF DVDs. In the WJF3 DVD, half of the DVD was about the pre-convention, post-convention and behind the scenes stuff. The other half was mostly interviews and stuff with everyone from the convention. NONE of that was in the WJF4 DVD, except for the pre-convention footage and a quick clip of Vova stowing away in someone else's hotel room on day 1, and even if you combine those two, there was only about 15 minutes worth of footage total presented, and 5 minutes of it (the intro) we've all already seen. So that was a big disappointment for me, as I always prefer the convention DVDs over the championship DVDs. Another thing I felt the DVD was lacking is basically a tangent of that last point. The WJF4 DVD is only 1:20 long. The WJF3 DVD was about 2:20. A full hour difference, and if you take out the competitions from both of them, it'd probably be even more. I'm not sure whether Jason just didn't do enough filming during the convention (I didn't see him filming all that much when I was there), or whether stuff got left out so that he could release the DVD early (which if that's the case, I'd suggest against it next year. I'd rather wait for a good DVD than get a bad one now).

Either way, I'd give the WJF4 Convention DVD a 6.7 of 10. For the footage that was there, it was really great, but only an hour and a half just isn't enough to give someone the feeling like they know what happened at the convention.

Also, on another quick note, my youtube profile is going to get hjit a lot more within the next 2 weeks. I've decided to finally release to it my artistic video, "The Park", and I just finished editing video 10, and am calling it "Day Is Night. That will hopefully release on the 20th if everything goes along smoothly. In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed this week's pictures. They're all from "The Park". That releases on the 13th.

Oh, and one last thing...




A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?