Tuesday, November 27, 2007

 

Where Am I?

Listen Up!
I really have to figure out a better way to update the front page of my website. Right now I have to do it by manually typing in html code, every week, and it's a pain. Especially since I have to convert my blog posts (which are usually very long) to html in order to have them show on my website page. Rant. :: I released the video I've been talking about for the past few weeks, "The Stage", and it's doing a lot better than I thought. Not that I thought it wouldn't do well, I just had no idea people would think it's as good or better than "The Park". But remember, there's still one more video left in this series that I'm not working on. No idea where it's going to be or when it'll be out, but you can guess what props I'll be using for it. :: Job hunting is going strangely. I'm about to say OK ad go work at Strawberry's Pub, since I haven't gotten a hint of a reply from the corporate job I've been working on getting. I don't know what's going to happen. :: As for juggling videos I'm working on NOW, I've got two that I'm editing and will set to release within the next few weeks before 2008. A new idea I had for a video after watching all of the old footage I hadn't used in earlier videos because I thought the trick was too stupid. It's called, "The Stupid Tricks" video, and it's exactly that. As for the other one, well, it's a sequel to one of my first juggling videos I ever made. No I'm not saying any more than that. :: Jugglers On Juggling hit a snag last week, and this week we got back on track. I'm still looking for co-hosts, and a dedicated co-host again, so if you're interested or you think you can do a better job than me, I'd be glad to hear from you. I'm starting to get a better understanding as to how to make a podcast a bit more interesting, so I'm starting to try a few things, and we'll see what works over the next few episodes.

Daily Life:
Well I beat Mario Galaxy and now I'm working on 100%ing the game. It's still great even after you complete it, because there are, like the past 2 Mario games, containing more levels than you can count. So I'm still working on it, and my original review is still accurate. Wouldn't change a thing.

There has been absolutely nothing of interest happening in my life right now that I didn't cover before. I'm sitting here for about 10 minutes and not able to remember anything I can really talk about. Sorry...

Juggle This:
Boxes are awesome. In the past week, I've come up with and made probably 12 new cigar box tricks I'd never done before. Yes, it's tiring as hell, and it'll leave you with a bad back for the rest of the day, but it's worth it. I made what I'm thinking about calling the "Fingerflip" (yes, it's based on skateboarding), which is where you release all 3 boxes, they each complete a half flip, don't exchange, and get caught back in the set position. The direction the middle box spins can make the trick easier or harder. I also did a one handed Heelflip, where with 2 boxes balanced, I flip the top one (from my perspective) one half spin clockwise, and the lower one one half spin counter-clockwise, and catch them back in a balance. Insane.

As for what else I'm doing, I'm still getting better with Diabolo, it seems every day now I can do something better with it. I've noticed, that with alternative juggling props, there is a much faster learning curve than with regular juggling. Where people I know will have a hard time learning to juggle, they can pick up a set of boxes and start doing tricks instantly. I'll have to write something or talk about that at some point.

I haven't really been doing that much normal juggling recently, in fact, I haven't touched my clubs for more than 10 minutes since filming "The Stage". So I'm really sucking with them right now. Rings feel ok, but I'm regressing in how easy a 5 ring cascade feels. Balls are the one toss juggling prop I have been using, and I haven't really been practicing enough to progress anywhere with them. I really do need to practice more. But since I seem to be doing to well with alternative props, I'm thinking about going to Dube and getting some Flairing Bottles. Maybe.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?