Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Why The Late Face?

Listen Up!
JoJ is going back to audio episodes now, after 2 straight video specials. Good times had by all. :: School is doing good, I've gotten a lot of good marks on all the tests I've taken so far and things seem to be running smoothly. Let's hope it holds up. :: As you've probably guessed, or maybe forgotten about, I quit my job at Shoprite a month or two ago, and that's why there haven't been any Shoprite stories for a while. I am in the process of getting a new job, and I'll have more details about it later. :: Next week, Mario Galaxy comes out, and I can't wait to play it. :: I haven't had any performances since the last one, except for the MCC talent show, which didn't pay anything. Still, I'm hoping to get something sometime before next year though.

Daily Life:
Let's see, what happened today. Absolutely nothin worth noting. Great. Well I guess I'll post a few of my more recent forum rants (I seem to be making them a lot recently).

This is the backstory
well at least now I get to lump together my hatred of the Riaa, Mpaa, Television Corporations, and Dick Franco into one pile of disgust at their complete idiocy over what it means to have good PR and promotional material.

I've always hated how they all seem to destroy everything that gives them good advertising. Example, many of the clips of the major show "Family Guy", you may have heard of it, have been pulled from youtube by their "copyright owners". The thing is, for those people who HAVEN'T heard of Family Guy will stumble across it on Youtube much faster than they will channel surfing, think that the clip they saw was funny as hell, and then decide to look up and watch the show. They lose that the second they get rid of the clips from the most well known video portal on the internet. Noone's going to find the clips on the portal that the "owners" run, so they'd be better off just looking the other way. Everyone should, including Dick.

Hell if I made a DVD and people were uploading clips from it, I'd feel flattered and probably commend them for doing so, at the worst I'd do is ask them to put up a link to the DVD on the clip. Another great example, for my video "The Park", I used music from a band that I really liked, called "Maldroid". They're still an up and coming band, but they've got enough fans out there that they're making money. One of the band members commented on "The Park" saying "Thanks for using our music!". I responded back saying "No problem, you guys make great tracks, and I'm happy to use them." Mutual thankfulness. I immediately went out and bought their next album, even though it's just remixes of the songs from the first, which I already have.


OH! There was something that happened! I released my reply video for Madv's "Remember" campaign on Youtube. I first heard he was coming back because I was subscribed to him, as a lot of other people are. I watched and was a fan of his magic videos from back in the day, but I never bothered to subscribe to him or never really be too involved. I regretted not being part of the "One World" campaign ever since I started seriously posting videos. As soon as I saw this new campaign, I knew I had to be a part of it this time. I immediately came up with my message that I wanted people to remember. To have fun and enjoy life, because so many people just take things way too seriously. I see it so often.

So after deciding on that as my message, I remembered back to an old Youtube video I saw that was featured on Diggnation. It was a Japanese video of a bunch of street artists creating a progressive piece of art on a wall, time lapsed over 2 days. It made a great effect, and inspiration struck almost immediately do do something similar. I originally intended to use a white-board, and recorded an entire sequence with a white-board basically less than 2 days later. The problem was, that the markers were nowhere near dark enough, and you couldn't read a single thing on the board. I wanted to use a white-board, and I needed to focus on schoolwork anyways, so I just hung back with the project for a while, and then all the sudden it was November. I was left having to go either doing it on a chalkboard (which I almost despise chalk. Multiple reasons, and a long story I won't bother to get into) or being late with the video. I decided to go for it on the chalkboard, so I recorded the sequence you see in the video on November 4th, speed it up in editing on the 5th, and release it at around 11 PM on the 5th. Despite not being exactly what I had in mind, it resembles it well enough that it's a great video, and the chalk looked a lot better than I think the markers would have ever looked seeing it now. So that's the sotry of that. The video is at the top of this post.

Juggle This:
JoJ feels a bit wierd going back to audio only episodes, but I've been tinkering with the idea of making an audio version, and then having another youtube account so that I could quickly take the audio version and put the videos in, that way if people do happen to be watching at home, they can go right to the video version as opposed to having to download and then time the videos. We'll see whether that comes to fruition or not.

I've been a little bit slopped lately for progress. I am still progressing, but I don't really feel it all that much. I'm basically now working on 645 with rings, running 64 with balls, and getting myself back into doing 360's. The thing is now, eit feels like things such as my 5 ball cascade are as ugly as ever. I can barely stand looking at it, it's nowhere near being a 3d plane. Also, my 5 ring endurance on command seems to be dropping. I'm now only just qualifying on a casual try, and even when I'm really concentrating on it I'm stopping it after about 30 catches or so. Just feels wierd.

Hopefully it goes away soon, but I have no idea. Doesn't help to have a kink in your neck too when you've slept on your head wrong and now every time you lean your head back it stings like 500 bees. Good times.



Side Notes on Friday the 9th
I just went back tracing through the history of my DeviantART account. I just realized that today is, to the day, 3 years since I uploaded The Burning Sky (basically the photo that I have featured on my DeviantART page for the past 3 years, 1 year since uploading "Upgrade" (the 5th in my Juggling Music Videos line, and until Standard Deviation, my most viewed video on youtube), and 4 and a half years since I joined DeviantART. Mind blowing for me.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

Comments:
Do you sell your work on Deviant Art?
 
Some of it, yes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?