Monday, January 14, 2008

 

A Short Rest In The City



Listen Up!
Well, my English 2 class is over, and I'm actually feeling good about having taken the two week course. My professor was good, the projects were few and short between, plus I got a few papers about juggling that I may be able to publish somewhere, even if it is just the local newspaper, they're that good I think. :: Ok, JoJ 30, yes I know. I'm planning on recording it tomorrow, now that I actually have the time to. So that should be up by the end of the week. :: Work is doing great, it doesn't seem like my job is in any kind of jeopardy, and they aren't given any signs that they'll be cutting down on employees. So Yay me! :: I updated my website a bit. I redid my front page completely and updated all the things on my home page. We'll see if I can keep up with the updates or not. I REALLY need to find an easier way to update it. :: Sunlight None released, and it's doing pretty good. It's already gotten about as many views as Tri BX 2, and even more compliments. I've already got another random music video done and ready to be uploaded once people stop watching Sunlight None.

MUSIC RELEASE!
Man, I guess this'll be a weekly thing for a while after all. After this, I've still got 2 that are done and ready for me to put out, and I've got another one I'm working on right now. Good times.
Aside from that though, this new one I got the idea for when I was wondering what I wanted to listen to in my truck one day, seeing as how I'd left my CDRW in my computer, which I use to re-burn what music I'm currently liking that week. So I was turning through my CD sleeve attached to the sun-blocker thing, and I found my Zebrahead CD. I hadn't listened to it for a while, so I threw it in and one of the first tracks on it was E-Generation. That's one of my favorite songs by Zebrahead, period, but as I was listening to it again (this is coming off of a binge of really complex songs like ones by The Flashbulb), I kept thinking about how simple the underlaying beat was. So I then got the idea to mix it when i got back home, and when I mixed it with The Flashbulb, it just sounded so perfect. I recorded it, and now it's here for you to rock out to. The Flashbulb - Kirlian Shores vs Zebrahead - E-Generation
Zebrahead vs The Flashbulb - Kirlian Generation

Daily Life:
Life is good. I finished my winter course, and immediately had 2 days of work afterwards. That's ok though. I really like working at Spencer's. It's much less of a contrlled environment, I'm not stuck in the same place doing EXACTLY the same thing for hours on end, and the managers will rely on me for stuff like inventory and other jobs. Granted, they did that last bit at Shoprite, but hey, who am I to complain, at least here I'm not under any time constraints and feeling like I need to HURRY UP and get this job done. That doesn't mean that I sit down and chat with the customers during inventory day, but I get to work at my own pace (which is already pretty fast) and not have anyone make up a to-do list for me as soon as I' done. At Spencer's, we all know what has to be done every day, it doesn't change from day to day, plus there's less stuff to do. For example, we don't have dozens of spray bottles that need to be refilled constantly, we don't have a giant back storage room full of stuff that we need to put out (90% of the stuff we get in, we immediately put on the shelves), and we don't need to run shopping carts full of returns around the store constantly. I'm not saying that I didn't like doing all that stuff when I was at Shoprite, but it feels nice to not have to do all that stuff.

But I haven't actually said anything interesting yet, have I? Ok, I think it's been long enough that I can find SOMETHING to complain about. The commute. Oh, man does it suck. First off, I need to take Woodbridge Avenue from Sewaren up to Menlo Park, because god knows Route 1 is a giant parking lot no matter where you enter it, and luckily there's a nice little connecting road between Woodbridge Ave directly to Menlo Mall, the only problem I have with it is that it's a 25mph road with speed bumps, for no apparent reason. So that's a slight annoyance. Otherwise, it's a 20 minute commute, which kinda sucks, but it could be worse. Not much else to complain about other than how cramped the store can get, but that's it.

Juggle This:
I HATE THE 4 BALL MESS! I absolutely hate it. All I have to say about that.
As for better juggling news, I'm still waiting for any potential places where I can perform, but then again there isn't really much going on in the winter months.

As for what I've actually DONE recently, well, I've been practicing my 4 ball shower "synchross" (where in the middle of the shower, you catch one of the high throws and throw the two balls from your hands in synch, crossing over the top of the patter, then throw the other 2 in the normal shower pattern before catching the synch throws and going back into the shower.) and can now do it on command under an 8 foot roof. So that's a good thing. I'm still working on rings in the hopes of competing in intermediates at WJF5, but it looks grim, seeing as how I'm not practicing them anywhere near as much as I should. When I DO practice them, however, I'm doing better than ever before, so who knows at this point.

I'm also thinking about starting a competition on youtube. The 5 ball low collision competition. It'd be like the 5 club explosion recovery idea from WJF4, only it's with 5 balls, it has to be done under an 8 foot (or similar) roof, and would be voted on by the viewers. You can make as many attempts as you want, spend 10 minutes or three hours trying to get the most insane collision and recovery as you can, and post it to youtube.

I'm heading to the NYC Juggling club on Thursday. I finally have the chance to and hopefully I'll see a few people I know there. We'll see what happens, but if you're going to go to NYC juggling club this week, you'll see me there. I hope Sky ends up there this week, and that I can get a few pics as well. So I'll give my trip report next week.

And of course, all this week's pictures are from Sunlight None.
A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?