Monday, February 04, 2008

 

The Bigger they Are

Listen Up!
The Bigger The Comeback. Go GIANTS! If you've been living in a hole somewhere, you've come out just in time to join the celebration! What celebration you ask? The NYG have won SB-XLII. So now you know. Grab a beer and join the party! :: My next juggling video is starting to shape up nicely. I've gotten a lot of good footage of interesting tricks and this time I have sequences of tricks too. Right now I've started pre-editing, and I've got an idea as to what style it's going to be, but I may change my mind. We'll se what happens, it still won't come out for a little while. :: Well, JoJ is finally done, and there's more information on it in the juggling section. :: I'm getting ready to submit a new batch of photography to DeviantART, so get ready for that within the next 2 weeks. :: I've recorded a few more videos to submit to my youtube profile. I was starting to run low on clips to submit, but now I've got a tutorial to be released, my replay video of me beating the hardest level of Elite Beat Agents for the DS, a mini-juggling-video (like 7 balls 8 months), and at least 2 more random pieces of footage that won't work in a video.

-- Music Release --
My best mash, EVER. It's so good, Gordon said "It doesn't even sound like a mashup, it sounds like the song was made that way". That's how you know you did a good one. Either way, I should actually tell you what is is, shouldn't I? It's Moby - Go vs MXPX - Play It Loud. Both tracks are one of the biggest tracks for their respective artists, and they fit perfectly together on the first recording. So after I made the initial recording, I listened to it for a while, and figured I should add some more stuff to it. So I then managed to combine some elements from one of the tracks with the already combined track. Yes, I've begun layering my recordings. After about 3 or 4 passes, I got this, which sounds absolutely insane. Of course, now that I've started layering the tracks, it's taking me a lot longer to come up with the better results, so there may or may not be a new track next week, but I guarantee you you'll be listening to this one at least until then.
MXPX vs Moby - Go Play It.

Daily Life:
In Spencer's news, they rearranged some of the stuff in the store while I wasn't working, and it works better now, since it's a bit less cramped and we actually have enough room for all the clearance shirts we're practically giving away. Other than that though, the last 2 days I worked were pretty much uneventful.

I did however, get the chance to go to the first Computer Enthusiasts Club meeting at Middlesex County College this week. Wednesday between classes I met up with Gordon, who was still iffy about holding weekly meetings, and I convinced him to hold them, as a result, I'm now semi-in-charge of the weekly meetings that Gordon can't get to, and I'm also now co-vice president of the club. Hey, I'll take it if that means we keep up the momentum with weekly meetings. One thing I've learned managing podcasts, blog posts, and whatever regularly scheduled event, is that as soon as you slip, you fall. This blog almost fell under when I missed a week once, and then I just started missing almost every week's post until I realized what was happening and made it a rule to post every week. Same thing happened to my website, which I still haven't fully fixed yet. My point is that if the club wasn't going to meet weekly, it was going to start dying, and I'm not about to let THAT happen.

So the first meeting went really well, despite only having a few people show up thanks to the decision to hold that meeting the night before the meeting. But we got a lot of ideas put out, and we're staring a lot of projects. I've also started doing some photoshop work for thew club, including fliers and ads, and then also taking pictures at the meetings has also become my responsibility. Hey, I like being depended on for things, makes me feel useful. So that's that.

Juggle This:
What did I say I was going to talk about here? OH YES! Jugglers On Juggling. I'm not really surprised at everyone's reactions to me stopping the weekly episodes. A few people were sad to see it go, a lot of people were happy to see it go (I still can't understand it. I'm not forcing anyone to listen. I don't listen to Luke's podcast). I think a lot of people missed what I said though. Episode 30 was the end of the weekly episodes based on forum posts and juggling videos. From now on, I will still be producing episodes of JoJ, but only when there comes a new DVD that I get and review, a major topic that gets the ENTIRE community talking about it (like the Dave Altman banning from WJF, XJ vs WJF, etc), or whenever I go to a convention (or someone else goes to a convention and wants to give a report). Things of that sort. This is by no means the end of JoJ, though I might change the name to go along with this format change, seeing as how JoJ has such a bad reputation on everywhere but the WJF forums. We'll see what happens, the NY juggling festival is coming up soon, so we'll see how that goes.

As for other juggling related news or stories, I pretty much have nothing to talk about other than this nagging pain I've started getting on my arms over the past day or two. I have absolutely no idea where it came from, considering I haven't done too much juggling over the past week, and I haven't been working on anything like 7 ring qualifies, so I have no idea what it is. In me left arm, every time I straighten my elbow, I feel like I've got a pulled muscle on the inside of my elbow. In my right arm however, it's a more general pain, nowhere near as intense, but it hurts when I move my shoulder too quickly, or if I turn my wrist too far. I don't get it, and I'm hoping it'll all go away by the next few days. It hasn't really affected my juggling all that much, but I'm going to limit myself to just doing balls and no more than throws to a height of 6.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?