Sunday, March 30, 2008

 

A Few Things

Listen Up!
STUPID TRICKS VIDEO!!!! OMG!!! WATCH IT NOW!!!! :: I realized on the 30th, that that was the five year anniversary of my joining DeviantART. My first online community, and my first foray into generating content as opposed to consuming it. Five years is a LONG time, literally 1/4 of my life so far. So I uploaded a little something to commemorate it to my DA. It's basically the birthdate of "Reeses2150", so celebrate! :: Job Hunt. Well, I've got an interview scheduled to become a freelance CAD drafter, I'm going to audition for a juggling job at Six Flags Great Adventure, and I'm on the lookout for other random jobs on Craigslist and the applications I've put out locally. :: OH! And here's something a little bit awesome. The college newspaper is going to be doing an article on me in the next issue. I had a whole photo shoot and everything. So yeah, I'm amped about it. :: I'm not going to make any April Fools jokes. :: All College Night is coming up soon, and everyone at CeC is still not 100% on what's going to happen, but hey, can we blame ourselves?

-- Music Release --
Kind of a filler track this week. I couldn't come up with anything new, especially after "Better, Faster Cars", which I will be tweaking and coming out with a better one soon. So I took a look at the other ideas I'd recorded, and found this one, which was basically done and just needed a little sprucing up. So here's a nice filler track for everyone. I can't remember for the life of me what inspired me to mix Madonna with Lunatic Calm, but hey, it happened. Maybe because both those mp3 files were in my soundtracks folder, idk. I've been listening to Less Than Jake recently, so I'm thinking I may try something with them soon. For now though, I guess you'll just have to listen to this pos.
Lunatic Calm vs Madonna - Leave You To Die


Daily Life:
So instead of going through how hectic my entire week was, I'll concentrate on Thursday, which was my ultimate day of "everything is planned out from dawn to midnight." So I started off the day, by getting up around 11:00, which is early for me if you've read this blog before, to get ready and clean myself up. So I do that and head out to the early registration for the Fall semester. One of the perks of being in the civil engineering program is that we get to register early for classes if we show up on a certain time and date for the thing. Problem was, it was slated for 12:00 onwards, and after 1:00, I wouldn't have the chance to go back at all. So I get there at 12, and there's noone in the room it's supposed to be in. I figure I must be early, and plunk myself down at one of the computers, after 10 minutes of surfing Digg, someone finally comes in and says there's been a room change. Wonderful. So I jump in the line that I had no idea was there to go do this thing.

So I finish with that, at 1:00, and I immediately have to get to IRC building, which is acorss campus, for my interview for the College Newspaper I mentioned up top. I've established quite a reputation at MCC as being the best and only juggler to ever walk the campus. Hey, I'm not complaining, it's getting me noticed. So i am late by only 10 minutes, thankfully, and I go do an interview and get a few pics taken. It went really well, and I figure it should be an interesting article, even if it may be a bit generic. But hey, what can you do...

So now for my break period for today, 2:00-4:00 is time for CeC club. Which this week's meeting was pizza and a movie. We watched Wargames, and unfortunately, because Gordon had to get the pizza himself, we waited on starting the DVD until he got back around 3:00. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I had to leave early at 4:00 in order to get to a job interview in North Jersey. But hey, I got to watch the first hour and have my fill of pizza. So I can't complain.

So after I leave that, I head up to Wayne, NJ for an interview to become an extra for commercials and movies. I got the job, of course they had me sign a $500 contract on the spot, and I bought into it. They basically charged me $500 for a set of headshots and not much else. There was a workshop after my interview that I decided to sit in on, and then everyone that was there went for Chinese food afterwards, so I ended up coming back home at around 11:00 or so (the trip was an hour both ways), and later I found out what they'd actually charged me for. Eh, I got hosed, but that's the industry.

Juggle This:
So I've finally up and released the Stupid Tricks Video. So far, the reaction has been very much the opposite of what I expected. I haven't even promote the damned video and it's already gotten over a hundred views, a dozen comments, and 3 five star ratings. If this type of video turns out to be more successful than my [Juggling] series, I'll slap myself in the face and put that on youtube. It boggles the mind!

As for what I've actually been doing this week in juggling, I haven't been doing all that much, especially because I haven't had the time, as you read in the Daily Life section. HOWEVER, I have been practicing more with my clubs, and have gotten used to the Radical Fish that I got, and am starting to like them. I'll review them later when I finally get to the point of them being better than my Airflites.

I also managed to practice my 4 ball mess, which i have been neglecting like an angry cousin. Tonight though, it just clicked. About damned time if you ask me. Now I can finally get more than 6 catches on command, and I've gotten at least a double qualify on camera. Go me.

Also, I've been practicing higher numbers with my new "numbers balls", and I'm actually getting a LOT better with 6 balls too. I qualified 6 in a standard fountain pattern under my 8 foot roof twice a few days ago. I can only imagine what I'll be able to do when i practice with them at MCC again!

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?