Sunday, March 23, 2008

 

A Fresh Idea

Listen Up!
Well, let's see what we have to announce today...
I got a new set of juggling clubs, read about that in Juggle This section. :: Still no luck connecting to the internet with SSBB. It'll happen eventually. :: Juggling news, I just flashed EIGHT balls. EIGHT. I'd have never thought I'd ever be able to do that when I first started. Was surprisingly easy actually, and it only took me about 15 minutes to get clean, as opposed to my hour and a half long seven ball qualify session. :: Yeah, not much else to announce, at least not juggling related stuff. SO I'll put the juggling stuff up here, why not. :: I've finally crumbled and got myself another set of clubs besides Airflites. What did I choose? The only other club that has as bad a rep as 'flites. Radical Fish. :: I've figured something out to replace the normal JoJ episodes for weekly updates. COMICS! Interesting idea eh? Read more in the Juggle This section. :: Also, one of my friends from the Computer Enthusiasts Club at Middlesex, unbeknown to me, over the spring break, bought 3 hackeysacks and taught himself to juggle them by watching my videos. Can you say, Awesome?

Oh, and one tiny little side note. With next week's blog post, I will be releasing the highly un-anticipated, slowly worked on, and rightfully under-hyped STUPID TRICKS VIDEO! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

-- Music Release --
Inspiration for this one, yes. Ok, let me think. AH! Ok, so I was scanning around on youtube and through my favorites list, and watched Daft Bodies again (a youtube video where 2 women (Daft Punk fans), played Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and has the lyrics written on parts of their bodies word by word and would reveal the words in time with the lyrics. So I watched that again, and then I thought, "Hey, I'm a DP fan, but I haven't heard more than 6 of their tracks!" So I prowled youtube and as I was listening, I got the nagging urge to mix a Daft Punk song with something. So I opened up Virtual DJ and poked around my DP Mp3's, and came back across HBFS. I thre it on the left table and started playing it. I then scanned through my library trying to say the lyrics from the songs I saw over HBFS, and Cars seemed to sound good in my head. Threw it onto the right table and synched it up, and it worked better than it sounded in my head. So I went back and set everything up to record, and an hour or two later, the second best mash-up I've made was an MP3 in my projects folder. Fear Factory vs Daft Punk - Better, Faster Cars

Daily Life:
So this is the third time I've been on a job hunt, and both times before, I've been wanting to use craigslist to try and find something that really fits with what I can do best. Graphics, juggling, or CAD. Or perhaps simply a more interesting job, such as something in film. So far, three days have passed since I finally decided to setup my Firefox bookmarks to have feeds from craigslist for all the jobs I'd love doing in Central Jersey, and I've got 3 potential jobs/gigs that I'm working on. One that I just got a call back on today was looking for movie extras from Universal. I'll be sending in a photo and having an interview on Thursday. I also saw that Six Flags is looking for jugglers and performers again. My dad doesn't like it, but hey, if I EVER want to get a steady gig juggling, the best place is a theme park, especially one that my uncle has been employed at for a decade. Of course, I'm still working on getting a job at Walgreens, because I've got experience in customer service, being a floor person, cashier, and my friend works there. We'll see what happens there.

The big thing that pisses me off, well, not pisses me off, more of makes my go "Damnit." is the fact that within the past 3 days there have been a total of about 6 jobs split between photography and CAD that would be PERFECT, and that would probably hire me straight away. The problem is, they're all in Tom's River down by the shore. About an hour and a half to two hours away, and one of the busiest areas in Jersey besides Atlantic City. I don't know, maybe I'll see if I can figure something out where I could get a bus pass and go work down there or something, just thinking about every possibility right now.

Juggle This:
So last week, "The Taxman" made a comic strip parodying JoJ. I then got the idea to make a strip in response to it. He then made another strip, and the idea hit me. Why not team up, both make strips about JoJ, and produce at least one a week as a new part of the whole JoJ thing? Taxman agreed it was a good idea, so I built the web page for it, and we made a few more strips. Now we'll see if we can keep coming up with ideas, but for now, things seem awesome, and people are responding really well to the strips. I guess it's easier to come up with one joke than it is to make a serious half hour podcast...
So the link is as follows. reeses2150.com/joj/

Other than that, I've finally crumbled and got myself another set of clubs besides Airflites. What did I choose? The only other club that has as bad a rep as 'flites. Radical Fish. So far, I've taken a liking to them. My big problems with clubs still bother me though, stuff like cores, taped handles, thinner handles, and the fact that I'll eventually have to repair them at some point. Other than that, I've gotten used to them nicely and having a new set, I'm practicing clubs a LOT more. Thus, I'm doing new tricks, such as overheads. Either way, I'm taking a liking to the fish. Knobs make things a lot better when I'm balancing and stuff, and because they're simply thinner and lighter material than airflites, I'm not getting tired as easily. Still, there are a few things that I can do with absolutely no problem with airflites that I can't do with the fish. A full reverse for example. I'll see what happens. Until later, I'll keep playing around and hopefully I'll fall in love with clubs again.

Also, one of my friends from the Computer Enthusiasts Club at Middlesex, unbeknown to me, over the spring break, bought 3 hackeysacks and taught himself to juggle them by watching my videos. Can you say, Awesome? SO he's only just learned and his hands are still going from front to back instead of side to side, but it's a work in progress. At least he has me here to give him pointers. So he seems serious about this, and that's proven further by the fact that he taught himself, I didn't teach him. Hopefully he'll be good enough that by the summer he'll be doing 6 ball passing between me and him, and maybe doing 4 balls. I know that's stretching it a bit, but hey, hope for the best, expect the worst.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?