Monday, May 19, 2008

 

Sub Silver Shine

Listen Up!
So "Not Yet Famous" is doing pretty well. It's past the big initial wave of views and has kinda stopped at 450. That's good though, because it's already doing better than some of my other videos from the series and it'll still get a lot more views over the next few months. :: Now summer is here, so I can try to get more hours at work. I'll be going in tomorrow to see if I can get more, but I'm fine if I don't, because I'm already making a hundy and a half each week. More than I got working 5 days a week at Shoprite. And a bit better than what I got at Spencers and Uhaul too. :: So I've started summer meetings for the CeC club at MCC, and I'll have to say, the first meeting I'm thinking of as a test run. Only 2 other people showed up, the vice prez and the treasurer. Hopefully THIS week's meeting will be better, but me and the staff got flushed out a LOT of good ideas for the coming fall semester. :: Yup, that's about all the important stuff this week.

-- Music Release --
So i don't have anything to release, but I AM working on a few ideas I had recently, and none of them are really near ready to go except one which I hope to let out next week. Hanson - Mmmbop vs Fountains Of Wayne - Stacy's Mom. Sounds great so far, and it the keys match well, so yeah, that I just need to tweak up a notych and it'll be good to go.

As for other bit's I've got in my head: I've got no gaurentees that any of these will ever get done, just ideas I've got sitting in my projects folder.
Linkin Park - Numb vs Daft Punk - Around The World
Linkin Park - Numb vs Beastie Boys - Body Movin
Justice - DVNO vs ???? (Daft Punk - Creshcendolls maybe)
Analog Pussy - Rock and Roll vs Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
Maldroid - Pump it Up vs ????

Daily Life:
So the NYC Diggnation Meetup from last week. One of the best yet, only because now I am established as "The Juggler" and one guy even said that "the meetup wouldn't be complete without me", and the fast that I have a laptop and found an open Wi-Fi point outside that I could run bittorrent off of. Other than that, there were at least 40 people crammed into this tiny bar that was only designed for about 40 to fit in and everyone have a spot, and everyone broke into their groups right at the start as expected. Maybe I should start at the beginning though.

So I get ready to catch the bus back home in Sewaren around 3:00, and I've got a nice plan set to swing past Dube (as I usually try to do whenever I'm in NY, plus it's really close to Lunesa where the meetup was going to be held) and then head over to the meetup around 5:30 or so, that way I'd get there early and be able to do whatever. So the bus was, well, the bus, and being the 3:00 bus, I got into NYC without having to sit in traffic too much. I immediately grab the subway down to the street where Dube is. I've found recently that it is MUCH better to use the subway for $2 to get downtown, as where the same cab ride would cost me $15, so yeah. I come out at the right stop, and I knew beforehand that I'd have to walk around a bit before I found Dube from the subway point where we stopped, but I spent about 20 minutes circling the same block before realizing that there was a West Broadway and Broadway (where Dube is). So I got there a little later than I wanted, and it was great hanging out there.

So to sum it all up, I spend WAY too much time there, and leave at just around 6:30, and grab a cab over to the bar where the meetup was being held. I show up and things have started off already, again, noone else from the CEC club at Middlesex shows up, but I've basically given up on them showing up for anything other than the live Diggnation taping. Whatever, so the meetup goes very nicely, noone really bothers to actually watch the Diggnation episode, which is slightly expected. Lunesa is a good spot to hold a meetup, but nothing compared to what the Turtle Bay was due to the fact that we only got one screen and no sound system at Lunesa, as where Turtle Bay was an entire rave spot with plasma's and speakers everywhere. That's an entirely different rant though, and I want to save your eyes from reading too much. Simply saying, someone Ganked one of my props. luckily whoever took it took the least valuable prop I brought, one of my juggling balls, barely worth 10 bucks. Eh, it's the risk I take by bringing them and them leaving them in the corner alone.

So overall though, I met a LOT of new people there who were interested in the juggling, and strangely interested in just me as well. Awesome. So before it was all over, I was able to talk with Mike for a bit, and yeah. Just kinda hang out with fellow geeks for a few hours. Mike is really getting attached to me, he's actually convinced the guys who will be running the stage at the Live Diggnation coming up to let me on stage to juggle before and after the show. Hey, it works, if I can get on Diggnation again, awesome.

So the meetup started winding down and most of everyone had gone, including Mike and the other organizers, and this was at only around 11:00 or so, which was weird, but then again we started an hour earlier than usual. So I catch a cab back to Port Authority Bus, and grab the 11:30 bus back to Jersey. Good times.

Juggle This:
So I've been practicing with the Devil Stick, and I'm starting to get a feel for it. I've still got t finish making the 48 hours of practice video for it though. It should be out by next week if things go good.

As for what I've been practicing with my toss juggling, I've been working on a nice trick I saw someone do on Youtube, a 5 balls multiplex cascade done as a mills mess. Harder than it looks, by leaps and bounds. Though I have been able to do it as a false shower. I love false showers. I've also been working on lowering m patterns as a trick. I just finished a session tonight and was able to qualify 5 balls under neck level, and a 5 ball half shower at about eye level.

But actually I've been working on my tricks that I do with lower numbers in performance, because I realized recently that I have yet to have a dropless performance anywhere, no matter how long or short, and the least drops I've had in a performance was 3. So I am definitely working on a new set of onstage tricks so that I can get more recommendations. Hopefully I'll have a lot of gigs this summer, I feel ready for them.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?