Monday, July 07, 2008

 

Forthcoming Dismay

Listen Up!
Well, right now I've got one thing on my mind. Juggling. If you didn't pay attention last week, I landed a gig juggling on stage at the Iselin Fair for basically, the entire week next week. From the 14th to the 19th I'll be juggling, and promoting my new show. Guess what also happens on the same week that I'm performing? THE I.J.A.! DAMNIT! I really was meaning to go this year, seeing as how I missed last year and regretted it, haven't been to an IJA yet, am hungry for another convention (the last one was Juggle This), and it's only a 10 hour drive away. I COULD, because I'm not performing on either Thursday OR Friday, drive down Wednesday night, and spend 2 days there, and that's what I'm stressing over right now. I'm not sure whether I want to or not, or what. Suggestions would be nice...

Oh, so now that I've ranted on that, let's get to the two sentence updates for this week. :: I'm going in tomorrow to see when I'll be working next at Acme Machine shop and Railing co. See if I can't make some more money to pay for things. The past week was great though, having absolutely no work to do, it was nice. :: I just got asked by Sondre to make a flier for his DVD of the EJC. I think it looks great, and you'll see it soon. :: I've begun uploading the series of tutorials I promised on YouTube. The first one is already up, and I should have the next ones be up in a few days. :: I updated my websites front and home page. Now I just have to update everything else, especially my juggling page, since now viewers from the Iselin Fair will be visiting. :: HEY-OH!

Daily Life:
Nothing has really happened last week that's worth noting, besides the BBQ I went to on the 4th of July. Which was great, and yeah. So let me get a rant off my chest that I've been meaning to for a while. Despite it being mostly bickering, complaining, whining, and moaning. Mowing The Lawn.

I HATE MOWING THE LAWN. To organize my thoughts, I think I'll list the reasons before explaining myself.
1. I hate the summertime heat.
2. I hate doing unnecessary work.
3. I don't need to prove that I am in control of plants.
4. I hate lawn mowers.

The only real reason that anyone I know mows the lawn is to make it look nice. Well yay, getting astro turf on your yard does exactly the same function, and you don't have to maintain it every week. They'd make the excuse that it doesn't look as nice, well, the problem I see is that I have the notion that ease of maintenance comes before appearance, and it seems as though everyone else is exactly opposite, to the extreme. They don't care if it needs to be watered, cut, patched, dug up, or whatever else it takes to keep it "looking nice", just so long as it does.

Basically,the one thing in life that pisses me off more than anything else, and there are VERY few things that will piss me off, is when people do stupid, unnecessary work. Why not just go move the furniture around for no apparent reason, or better yet, go stand on a treadmill that isn't running. Same result at the end. Nobody ever even notices a lawn, especially the people walking past. The only reason a lawn should be mowed is when it becomes a hindrance to walk across, or makes the house look abandoned. And I don't mean the "Oh, I wonder if anyone lives there, or whether that person's just really lazy" kind of abandoned, I mean the "Why won't someone tear down that house already?" abandoned look.

Juggle This:
I haven't done that much this week other than practice. Everything I've been doing to past 6 or 7 days has been preparing for the Iselin gig, and working on my tutorial videos. So I guess maybe I should talk about them.

The tutorial videos, I recorded 4 of them at once, and I'll be trying to record more as we go. Editing them and uploading them one by one. The problem I've been having is that I've gone too far into my "performer" mode and trying to convince the audience that the trick is difficult, instead of actually making a tutorial like I'm supposed to. I got that sorted out though for the most part, and the ones I recorded are good enough for now.

The Iselin Fair gig. Now, I've got 7 performance times, including one show that's at 10:PM on Wednesday that I'm hoping to make a PG13 performance. Basically most of the other shows will be the same, that one I have an entire half hour to do whatever I want. The shows are usually going to be a half hour, and I'm going to have to try and squeeze them down even more because I'd like to pass a hat around and sell DVD's at the end.

Oh, maybe I should mention, I'm making a quick DVD to sell to people at the fair and whenever I go perform. Also to whoever I bring up onstage, they'll get a DVD. Jugglers: Don't bother, it's mostly going to be remixes of my old videos plus a few tutorials on how to juggle 3 balls. I am making a nice cover for it though.

What I REALLY want to do when this is over and I can think about other things, is have me and Danny V go somewhere where there's a nice backdrop of either a blank wall or something good, and have a full-on juggling photo-shoot. Because the impromptu photo shoot before the Diggnation a month ago worked so well and I'm STILL using those images for new projects. So yeah, that's what I want later.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

Comments:
hi rich this is lily from the iselin fair i lost ur # pls call me asap 732-602-8170
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?