Monday, August 25, 2008

 

Here Come The Goods

Listen Up!
Well, all that anticipation from last week and before have STARTED to go and be released. Why? I've released episode 0 of the new season of Jugglers On Juggling. I've uploaded a new batch of art to DeviantART, and will upload yet another within the next 2 weeks. I've finally got sorted out a lot of the details for Tech.MCC this fall. And I've gotten a HUGE monkey off my juggling back by learning consecutive 3 ball backcrosses and penguin catches.
::
Now, the DeviantART batch I submitted this week was a lot of stuff you've already seen here on the blog, but I figured I'd put it up there so that they get more exposure and are part of my DA account. I did upload a few things you haven't seen yet, and now you have as they're the pictures in this post. That being said, they were all photo manips and stuff, and only 1 actual photo, so I feel like I kinda cheated my DA subscribers, and so I'll be uploading a bunch of photos soon which I've gotten from the Iselin Fair and other places.
::
My laptop hard drive just today started glitching out on me, and wouldn't let me copy files over to anywhere. Luckily, I figured out the problem as being the corrupted files that I was trying to copy. So now I'm running the full CHKDSK in the hopes that it can restore the corrupted files and fix them so that they won't get lost. Just sucks because CHKDSK is always so slow.
::

Daily Life:
So last week was the day my dad's friend Rich moved into a new house, and needed help. Ok, so here's the story of part of the reason why I was helping.

I was told on Thursday at 6:00 PM to mow the lawn when i get the chance. I figure, "Well, it's already late and if I mow it now I'd piss off the neighbors", and since Friday was the Tech.MCC meeting where I asked EVERYONE to go to, and I don't wake up until right before the meeting starts, that I would do the lawn on Saturday when I DID have the time. So I don't do it yet, and then when I get back home on Friday, I see that someone else had cut the lawn, and now I KNOW that she's gonna be pissed at me. Of course she was, and I just can't stand being yelled at anymore. I've organized my entire life, and need to stick to the schedule I make in order to stay at all productive and not-miserable (I'm not saying happy, because I can really cheer myself at any time, but when my routines get screwed up, so that I'm on 4 hours of sleep, half a meal, and working at weird hours to me, it makes me miserable.) SO, I've had it with trying to explain myself to her in a few sentences, and so I get her to sit down and explain MY ENTIRE LIFESTYLE to her and the fact that I CAN'T be a part of the "NORMAL FUCKIN WORLD" because of my ADHD. Now, if that sounds like I'm making an excuse, then you don't understand ADHD at ALL.

Basically, the easiest way to sum it up is that my brain works differently than everyone else, and I have to find ways to make myself able to function in the everyday world. It took me until late high school to understand social interaction to the point of making friends that weren't the "Will you be my friend? No one else will be" people. I'm only now figuring out a good method for dealing with my weight and health, and I'm still clueless as to what the deal is with women and relationships. Basically think of ADHD as a MUCH milder version of Autism, without any benefits.

So I had to have that whole talk with her, and then FINALLY she lets me in on what SHE REALLY wants of me every day, besides me to do my jobs (of which I have no objection to doing, it's just that I have to do it on my schedule.) But that's enough of this rant.

So it's Saturday, and I have to help move in, which I have no problem with, especially because I'm good at it. I'm very keen on the laws of physics and leverage, thus helping me move heavier stuff easier (having two other guys helping helps too :P ). So I wake up early to help them out, and they're shocked I even showed up, which really bums me out that they have such low expectations of me, but I like to surprise them too. I get there and we end up moving a TV cabinet, two sofas, and a fake plaster fireplace from one place to another, and then get lunch at Carmen's Pizzeria. After that I get dropped back off at home and begin working on JoJ.

Juggle This:
So recently I was either inspired, or frustrated, or came to a realization, and I have no idea which, but I decided to work on some basic 3 ball tricks that have eluded me since I started juggling. Three Ball Backcrosses, penguin catches, a 441 string I'd been trying to get for months, and a reverse backcross. So I started practicing them and somehow, they ALL began to click in my head. I immediately setup my camera and just went for them. I started with backcrosses because that's what I most wanted to get done. I was having a bit of trouble because I was having to reach way too far to catch, and then I remembered Jason's workshop on backcrosses at Juggle This.

So I changed up my style to reach behind my back further on the throw and not move my body when doing it. I still had problems because they weren't going into my field of vision, and then I realized that my throws were way too far out, so I started throwing them inwards so much they were bouncing off the side of my head (which is an interesting trick by itself, because from the feel of the bounce, you can tell where the ball will be without seeing it). Eventually, I felt it click, and after only having my best be 2 consecutive catches, I suddenly was getting 3 every time. Excited much? You Bet!

So I move on to the 441 string and the reverse backcross and get them both on the 1st tries. So I move on to the penguins/reverse shoulder throws, and now the trouble starts, and again the problem isn't the catch, but the throw. I wasn't throwing them behind me enough, so I corrected and BOOM, got 2 consecutive, and then after another 5 minutes, three catches. That was as much as I wanted out of them now anyways. So I go back to backcrosses, because after the last time I compensated for throws, tit became ludicrously easy to do 3 consecutive backs.

So I refined my technique a bit more, and after 20 minutes, I qualified 3 ball backcrosses with 6 catches back to a qualifying run. I immediately stopped the camera, edited the footage, and put up this video. Good times.



A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?