Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Impending Ecstacy

Listen Up!
Oh man, the anticipation is KILLING ME! I've got so many things ready to go that it's absolutely going to destroy my mind. I've got the new season of Jugglers On Juggling ready to go on September 1st, A new video for my [Juggling] series that I'm recording right now, the fall semester at college, the new semester for the Technology Club (which I am president of), two BBQ's to go to, and a new batch of stuff for DeviantART. I am absolutely melting right now.
::
So the AutoCAD job with Vino seems to be working right now. I talked with Gordon, and he's starting to work on getting a new computer for Vino so I can start work, and I just need to figure out a schedule that will work now that College will be starting. But it seems like I'll finally have a steady income source again.
::
So I just upgraded my website with Godaddy.com, NO MORE BANNER ADS!!!! I cannot be happier. No I just have to update all of the CONTENT of the website. Arg. I'm working on it though, and it should be done sometime before September ends, at WORST.
::

-- Music Release --
I got something in the works that I think you'll all find great. I should have it done within the next two weeks. I've gotten into the mindset now of taking the instruments from one track and the lyrics from another, and cutting everything else, then adding something of my own using a MIDI synth that I just bought myself. More later.

Daily Life:
So, besides what's going on with the Tech.MCC club, I actually had a job from Universal Talent that I did last week on Tuesday. An $80 job in Philly, for a Bollywood production that lasted all day. So let me begin from the beginning, because it's a long story.

I get the call from Universal literally 20 hours before the the shoot, and they say it's in Philly and will be paying $80. That was all they said, so I did the quick math as to what profit I would make after gas and Universals cut, and I figured it's be a quick 40 bucks. So I said sure, and got the details, and I immediately google mapped the place I was headed. Now, when I say yes to a job with Universal, it's in my contract that I can't back out of a job once I've said yes. The call time is 6:30 AM and it's actually in King Of Prussia. Basically, it'll take me an hour and a half to get there, and eat 1/4 tank of gas both ways. So I go take a nap sometime around 5:00, because I know there's no way I can wake up early enough if I sleep regularly.

So I wake up from my nap and stay up the rest of the night until 4:00, when I grab my laptop, some juggling props, ID, and a change of clothes. Why do I bring juggling props you say? Because I've worked on another film before this one, and the big difference between commercial extras and film extras is this, commercial shoots usually have about 2 minutes between shots where the extras and actors aren't on camera. Movie shoots have at least 7-8 minutes between any two shots. That and extras are always kept in holding for a few hours before any shooting actually begins, and given a full hour meal break. So I brought my juggling stuff to entertain myself and others.

Back to the story, I get into the truck at about 4:00 AM, figuring that I' have an hour and a half of free time when i get there that I can fill out all the paperwork and dodge the line that forms for breakfast. Well, I was hungry enough while traveling down the Turnpike, that I HAD to stop at a rest stop and grab a bagel at the 24/7 news place inside. That burned up 10 minutes, and then I was back on the road down the NJ Turnpike. So then I get down to the PA Turnpike, where I start heading West, and I can see the sun begin to rise in my rear-view. So I get all the way down to my exit, and it's a combo exit, but I didn't see that in the directions while I was turning off. Basically , my directions said "Take the exit for 43", and then the next step was "Exit onto 23". 43 and 23, or whatever they were, shared the same exit ramp, so I just saw the 1st line of the directions and swung my way onto 43. Only to find out 1/4 mile down the road that I'm on the wrong road. So I get off the nearest exit I can and figure, "Hey, if they shared an exit, and I didn't travel far, I should just be able to get right onto 23 from here without needing to back-track."

30 minutes later, I finally realize that I had absolutely no idea where I was going or where 23 was, and it's 5:AM, so I can't get directions from ANYONE. I start backtracking, and make my way back until I find signs for 43. I go back 2 exits and take 23. So I figure, well, Murphey's law has been satisfied, everything else is going to be cake. Then I get to where I'm supposed to exit 23, and my directions didn't say which way to go on the road I was exiting onto, left or right. So it figures, I turn the wrong way, and finally find a gas station where I can get someone who's awake to guide me. I learn I've turned the wrong way again, and go back the other way.

So that burned up another 15 minutes, and I think "There's no way I can screw up again." Until I find out that the address I was going to was the right road, but the wrong number, and so I had to look for other people walking down the road to the movie shoot before any of us (they were lost too) found the signs saying "Ring Of Fire Productions". All that overwith, it is EXACTLY 6:30 as I walk in and begin filling out my papers...

So now I've filled out all my papers, entertained myself and others by juggling while in holding from 6:30 to 9:00, and established that there is no Wi-Fi on this college campus that they're shooting at. So now it's 9:AM, and shooting is beginning. The next 8 hours were spent as part of the crowd of extras playing, a cheering crowd (Shocking! I wonder if extras are ever used for anything BUT a cheering crowd?). At one point I realized I was getting sunburned, and spent as much time past then in the shade. This courtyard where the scene was being showt looks a hell of a lot like the courtyard at Hogwarts, and was basically an open lawn with a fountain in the middle, and 3 of the 4 sides were basically a set of archways separating the lawn and the open corridor on the other side.

The scene that was being shot, if I could stop talking about other things, was a big race scene. Where 2 competitors were running around the corridor and up to the top of the building where there was a flagpole. Now, this being a Bollywood production, all logic went oput the window, and my absolute favorite take of the day was a series of shots where the two competitors would be running down the corridor I mentioned earlier, and the cheering crowd would not only be a cheering crowd, but would be a cheering crowd that was running with them at the same speed, tightly packed together, with everyone's eyes still on the runners. Needless to say, it was fun. At the end of every take I couldn't stop laughing because inevitably a third of the crowd will have fallen down behind me and we'd have to do the take again.

Enough about that though. Basically, I spent 8 straight hours cheering like a madman, and at the end of the day I basically walked out with my arms at my sides and slumping my feet all the way to the truck. I was looking forward to the one thing that would make me happy, Subway. The thought of a footlong meatball marinara on italian herb and cheese kept me awake and alert long enough to make my way up the Pa Turnpike, to the NJ Turnpike, to Woodbridge Ave, to the best Subway in the world. Why is it the best in the world? It's a Subway that's run by white people! So they pile on the meatballs and give extra sauce as needed, and it is an awesome sub every time. Now I feel like having one again, thanks a lot memory.

I really can't convey how tired I was at the end of this 8 straight hours of cheering and jumping and running without writing a novel, so you'll just have to trust me when I say that it was more tiring then the most tiring day of work you ever had, unless you work full time at either a parcel service or a U-Haul. On the bright side though, that was the best Meatball Marinara I've ever had.

Juggle This:
I think I've found the reason why I haven't been practicing as much as I should be. I'm not in the MOOD to juggle. Why? Because I haven't been watching any of my Juggling DVD's or longer videos for months, and as a result, I haven't been motivated to juggle, or inspired to juggle. So now I'm going to go back to watching VD's and Peden Sweden videos and getting the urge to juggle all over again.

So I've also been working on a few new ring tricks with lower numbers, such as improving the "Boob-roll" as people call it, and even trying a 4 ring version of it. But that's a story for my next video, for now, you can get a good idea of what I'm doign by watching Three Minus. I do some great new tricks in there.

I love rings. I love sleep too. Ah, sleep. I need sleep now. Good bye...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?