Monday, August 11, 2008

 

Next Comes Last

Listen Up!
So I've kicked things into gear with the new season of Jugglers On Juggling. I'm about to start recording episodes now. And guess, what, I'm releasing some details now about the upcoming season! First, It will return to a weekly format, but as I've said before, it won't be a week in review show anymore. Second, the first episode will be called "Practice Time" and will focus on finding time to practice throughout the day without interfering with your daily life. That episode will be on youtube on the 1st of September. Yes, mark your calendar. I'm also redesigning the website and will hopefully have some more content put up there each week while the podcast is going. Another bit of information that I have to let everyone know about, I'm planning on stopping after a while for season 3, and then do season 4 at a later time (not 6 months like the last difference was). But I guarantee at least a dozen new episodes before I end the season.
::
This new job with Gordon's uncle is really turning out to be a pain. Not because the work is a pain, but the last guy that quit somehow sabotaged the computer and now I have to wait until they get a new one with a new version of AutoCAD before I can even START working. ARG!
::
I am heading out for a job with Universal Talent tomorrow though, so I'll be able to put SOMETHING in my gas tank for this week. I really do hate being broke. It's strange, I technically have 4 jobs, but I can't work at ANY of them right now. It's frustrating.
::
Well, last week's Tech.MCC meeting sucked so much the other 2 people besides me decided to leave early, but I know why and it gave me inspiration for another fall semester meeting. The Networking meetings, where we're just going to teach members how to set up a wireless network between computers without a router.
::
I've got a few things coming up for my Youtube profile. I have no idea what they are going to end up being, but I've got plenty of raw footage right now to edit into something to throw up. Oh, and I'm starting to really burn film and get recording on video #15 for the [Juggling] video series, so that should be coming up sometime later.


-- Music Release --
Pump and Roll. Not really sure where this one came from actually. I think it was because I'd listened to Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas so many times, I just knew the track in and out and figured I could do something with it. Turns out I was right. Trance and Roll, while I was listening to it I realized it'd be a great backdrop for a hip-hop track, and it just kinda clicked I guess. The very first recording was so good, I almost used it without editing any more. I re-recorded it once again taking out as much of the instruments from Pump it that I could and adding a few beatgrids where they felt appropriate. Viola, here it is. Simple, but good. I was really tempted to do some more adding of things once it was finished, but ultimately decided against it. Now if only I can apply the same idea to the other mash-ups I'm working on, they all either sound too boring and simple or too busy, and I can't find the middle ground for any of them.
Analog Pussy vs Black Eyed Peas - Pump and Roll.

Daily Life:
So let me think of a story to tell you all. Well, I didn't go anywhere for the past week, and nothing really spectacular happened at home either. I really can't think of anything worth telling. I mean tomorrow I'll be able to talk about my 3rd gig as a movie and tv extra, but I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, and I want to upload this tonight.

Well, then let me talk about my weight loss plan. Because I just spent ten minutes trying to think of something to talk about, and this is the one thing I've really been doing recently. I've got a pretty simple plan. Drink less Mountain Dew (I drank about 2 or more a day), eat less food, practice juggling more, and do sit ups while I'm laying in bed before I go to sleep and right after I wake up until I can't do any more. A simple plan, and it seems to be working so far.

I've also gotten into the habit of playing Wii-Fit a lot, not only because it has an accurate scale unlike the bathroom scales where you can lean to the side near the springs and throw the reading an extra hundred pounds upwards. It really is a great game, just make sure that noone's watching when I play it because half of the games are either really weird looking or sexually suggestive, in a "TAKE ME NOW!" kind of way. Not something that I really want other people to see, and I know for a fact you don't want to picture me in your head hula-hooping without the hoop physically being there, no matter how much clothing I have on.

Juggle This:
I think I've finally gotten back from my slipping of the past few weeks. I realized what my problem was, was that because it's been in the 90's outside over the past few weeks, I haven't wanted to go outside, and I have no reason or money to go to MCC and practice at the raquetball courts, so I'm stuck under my 8 foot roof doing the same tricks over and over again. That's not good to have an unvaried practice routine. So it was raining today and there was a break in it where I was able to go outside and practice my 5 ball 744's and 97531 before it started raining again. Felt good, and I could feel it coming back after the first 3 absolutely horrific attempts at a 97531.

SO I'm going to make an effort to vary things up now, and I'm going to try and find a regular time to go practice at MCC once a week. I know that once the fall semester starts and I'll be there 4 days a week I'll be getting all the practice I need, especially with ring numbers, but for now I'll have to settle for thinking of new things to do with 4 ball showers and stuff.

Speaking of 4 ball showers (SEGWAY! SEGWAY!), I came up with a great trick that I can do in a 4 ball shower. It's an adapted version of my old triple shower that I used to do with a 3 ball shower. Basically, I'll take a 4 ball shower, throw one of the right hand throws as an 8, do a synched up 8x6 going over to the left hand, and then have the last ball do a standard shower pass underneath everything, and it all falls back into place in the right order and time. I love it.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?