Monday, October 13, 2008

 

Elastic Diagnosis

Listen Up!
So first I guess I should give an update as to what my current employment status is. Well, I'm still working going door to door and getting people vote democratic, but I'm looking at 2 other jobs right now that I found on craigslist that I might just be able to get with a pinch of luck. No interview set for either yet...
::
As for college, things are finally picking up and projects are due. Finally it feels like I'm doing something. So yeah, I'm just keeping up with everything else because now my assignments are taking up heaps of my time both while I' on campus and when I'm at home. Eh, it's how things are.
::
Been talking to Mary a bit more recently. The problem I realized over the last weeks was that she lives REALLY far away from me. Even though she just got her drivers license, which works out great, she's basically the same distance away from me as it is from where I am to New York City. A half hour drive AT BEST. It's ok though, she's on campus and I just have to figure out when so I can see her again sometime, but until then I've got her phone and instant messaging contact info, so we're chatting on there.
::
So the last meeting for the Tech Club at MCC went, well, I'm not really sure how to put it. It was a smaller group for the meeting and there was no single thing happening. We ended up playing with Diet Coke and Mentos, fixing someones desktop computer, and trying to get networks working. It was just all over the place, and when it ended I didn't even know what happened. It's ok though, the people liked it, and this weeks meeting will be more planned out, right Gordon?
::
Also be on watch, I plan on uploading a new batch of stuff to DeviantART within the next week. So keep an eye on that account.
::
And I know I haven't been working on my website. Trust me, I am working on it, but remember I'm working on at least 4 other bigger things at the same time.


Daily Life:
SO. What now? Not much happening in my day to day last week...

This entire week my parents and grandma are down in Florida, and my sister is back at Monmouth, so I've got the house to myself (totally fucking sweet to say the least). That's about all I can think of. Photo 1 class maybe I can talk about how I almost poked someones eye out while in the darkroom. You know that feeling where you push your finger against something somehow and it makes a very nice *squish* and you instantly know it was something bad? Yeah, that happened.She's fine though.

Other than that, I really have no idea what happened last week that I can talk about. I didn't go anywhere, no big projects, nothing. Well, I have been paying attention to the whole economic crisis and am now trying to put all the pieces together, but you don't want to hear my take on that (all companies need gasoline to transport physical things. Gas prices went up, the cost of business went up. The cost of business went up, prices of everything went up. That plus the falling dollar value made people take out loans more than usual, and things are going bad. That and about a billion other factors, but I digress).

Yeah. OH. My DS is finally busted. The top screen has become broken on one side where the hinge is. So that now the top half is only really attached by the wire on one side and the hinge on the other. Yay. I've been thinking about getting it refurbished, but since the DSi will be coming out now, I figured I'd wait for it and just play Geometry Wars on the bottom screen for the time being.

Oh! Another random thing. I've recently discovered the awesomeness that is House MD. An awesome series that rivals CSI (vegas, all the others are crap). The one gripe I have with House is that every episode is exactly the same procedure. Find something that fits the symptoms, go to treat it, another symptom pops up, find something that fits the new symptom set, go treat it, another symptom pops up, and after about 3 or 4 rounds of this they finally get it right. Luckily that's not the heart of the show. And now that I'm on the subject of TV and it's Monday night...

Heroes. I REALLY want to believe in Season 3. I REALLY do. But the more I keep watching the more I'm starting to dislike it. First off, I've already explained in the post 2 weeks ago that they're introducing WAY too many characters and not killing off enough of them, and that's still true two episodes later. They ARE answering questions, but the answers aren't really giving tht "holy crap!" reaction that they should, more of the "no way that's possible in the canon" reaction, such as how suddenly Mr. Petrelli is alive and the mastermind behind things, how Parkman's father is now un-trapped from his mind-room and working for another NEW company, and all this completely random stuff that's REALLY stretching the limits of what's acceptable within the canon. There's a reason that the episode of Star Trek Voyager, "Threshold" was declared non-canon. But the big problem with Heroes, and so far it looks like they're going in the OPPOSITE direction of the solution, is that it's just getting to be too much. Here's Knox going after Adam Monroe, Hiro killing Ando, Claire suddenly not sure what the hell she's doing anymore, and this whole new company that somehow has managed to slip right past us for TWO YEARS. It's just too much to keep track of.

That and the other thing that sucks now is how they're trying to blurr the line between good and evil. NO! Heroes Season 1 was great because it never did that. It was us vs Sylar and the company. That's IT. None of this "Is Noah good because he's still trying to be a family man but is not willing to give anyone a second chance ever?" crap. We knew what was going on and knew where everyone stood. Now I have no idea who's who anymore, and I don't like it.

Juggle This:
So, now that Philly Fest is over, I've been having that post-convention-"I don't feel like juggling right now" syndrome. HOWEVER! That's not to say I haven't been practicing and doing stuff. Firstly, I finally setup my routine for the WJF and got in my attire, now I just have to record it and send the video to Jason. While I was making it up though, I realized that I only had about 18 moves I was going to be doing the entire time, so I came up with 2 or three new tricks with 4 rings right on the spot and did them kneeling in my room to see if I can do them. The big one was a cross armed sync fountain, which I haven't seen anyone else ever do, and the other I'll leave for you guys to guess at.

That, and the deadline for the Rec.Juggling video is coming up fast, so I'm shooting some more footage for that video, including an arm balance flip. I toss from a hand balance to an arm balance, and from there flip the club 1/2 spin and catch it midway down my arm again before putting it back to the hand balance. It looks epic because I got a really good background and lighting for it, plus it's an awesome trick.

Also, I uploaded a few clips from Philly Fest to my youtube profile, and they're getting a few views, I'm, just not sure whether I should upload Greg Kennedy's routine. It's not that it's not an awesome routine, it's that he hasn't put a video of it online yet and I don't want to steal his thunder. Whatever, I'll wait on it and see what happens, I've got an episode of JoJ to release anyways. Speaking of which...

So having gone to Philly Fest last week, and while uploading video to youube, I started thinking about JoJ and how I hadn't picked a topic yet for the new episode to come out. Then I looked at what I was doing and thought of the best topic I could have ever come up with on the fly, Conventions. Not just what they are and the usual BS, but a lot of the specific unanswered and unasked questions like "How do I call for a game of combat?" or "What do I do for sleeping space?", because most people hardly think about these things until they're already in the situation where they need the answer 10 minutes ago. So I came up with a big list of all these types of questions, and I'll be making the next 2 episodes at least answering these questions. So far it's going very well. Of course the 4th episode isn't even up yet, because I had to do assignments and work over the weekend so It'll be up probably on WEDNESDAY, but hey, it's the price you pay for improvement I guess...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?