Monday, October 27, 2008

 

What?

Listen Up!
Oh god, so much to talk about, so little room. Well, first let me apologize for last week's missing post, since nothing happened last week worth even mentioning I figured there's plenty going on this week to make up for it. The worst part? I WAS RIGHT!
::
So, work. Right now the run is over for going around knocking on people's doors and getting their voting info, so I've got to find a new job. Right now, the other 2 jobs I was looking at fell through, but I have heard of a new one that should be perfect. One of the employees working at the Sewaren Public Library is supposedly going to quit soon, and being a small library, they're just going to be looking for one new person. My parents basically ran the damned library for a decade or so, and nobody else their is anywhere near as good with the computers as I am. Plus it's also a customer service job, so I'm already qualified for it having worked for 3 years and 3 total jobs in customer service. Here's hoping that pans out.
::
College. Nothing really interesting happening other than my Business 101 midterm exam becoming a group test. Yes, the once in a lifetime event known as a group test happened on my mid-term exam. Basically, my professor ran his lecture at the beginning of class for way too long, and what was supposed to be an hour for the test ended up being about 20 minutes, and the moment he realized this, he shut up, handed them out, and proclaimed a group test. Took a few minutes for it to sink in, but it was great. Other than that, my Solid Modeling teacher is still an idiot, but what else is new...
::
I hate diets. I hate trying to lose weight. I hate this whole thing. It makes absolutely no sense. So I believe I already told you guys that I weighed myself before Philly Juggling Fest (237 lbs) and after (270 lbs) and how I am absolutely baffled as to how I could gain 30 lbs over the course of one weekend doing nothing but constant exercise (in the form of juggling and running around) and only having 2 regular sized meals total. I double checked it, and it was right, I was 270. So I've finally figured out that I gained 30 lbs of MUSCLE, seeing as how I had much more stamina and ability to carruy things after the fest, but since then it's been nothing but the same. I'm trying mixing up my diet and exercise schedule, and still no change. I'm still 270. And I didn't emphasize how much I've been varying my routines, I'm trying everything in between sitting and doing nothing all day to running around campus between classes and eating practically nothing to eating 2 subway footlongs a day and another meal. NOTHING IS FUCKING WORKING! ARRRGH!!!!! I'm going to start saving my money up for liposuction now.....
::
What else do I have to moan about, OH! The return of Mobius-X! If you don't know, I'll tell you the full story down in the second daily life segment. For now, if you want, just visit the forums. Mobius-X

-- Music Release --
Well, it's been long enough, and after playing two entirely new tracks in my latest DJ set at the Halloween Party a few days ago and getting nothing but great feedback, I figured I'd release those two new tracks. So here they are...

The first one is a track which I made almost a full YEAR ago, right around the time I was doing Better Faster Cars, and as I was realizing that the most efficient tracks (the best results with least amount of effort) were tracks which I laid down an entirely instrumental techno track of some sort, then play a very vocal heavy track over it. VIOLA! Instant success! Of course, it felt like cheating, s I avoided doing that as much as possible, until I realized during my set at the party that that was the BEST way you can possibly mash tracks together, hence why Kanye West's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is more popular than Daft Punk's version...

The next one if in exactly the same situation as before, but I'll hold off on releasing that one for now, because you've already got enough content in this one blog post. For now... Gorillaz vs John Morgan - Feel Invaded.mp3

Reeses2150's Reviews For The Intelligent Human:
Heroes, Season 3 episode 6 - The Dying Of The Light:
Now to be honest, this episode was the turning point for me. I was LITERALLY ready to stop watching Heroes, this episode was the last chance to keep me watching, and good god did it! It's FINALLY coming back to rivaling to first season! Things are beginning to come together and make sense, new characters are starting to sink in, and the originally blurred lines which I hated so much are being replaced with finer ones. So now I actually know WHO is on the good side, who everyone is fighting, and I'm starting to get an idea as to what the hell is going on. ALL GOOD THINGS. I'm not going to spend too much time on this because I've got other things to get to talking about, but I just wanted to mention how this episode has finally brought Heroes back to it's former awesomeness, or close to it. I still don't like the whole sob story deal with Matt Parkman and Daphne. But, moving on...


Daily Life 1:
Well, it's about time I started talking about the Middlesex County College Halloween Party, isn't it?
Well, to start things off, let me say that it was different than ALL the other ones I've helped with, for a lot or reasons, yet strangely it had the same basic elements...
First off, it didn't rain, which was a first, literally. Every single Halloween party and All College Night had been rained on, but this one was absolutely void of all rain.

Another strange thing was I actually noticed people playing the PC games in the LAN area much more than at previous years. It was like suddenly everyone figured out that I was right about Red Faction being the best FPS out there and suddenly were in on playing it. And oh yes, it was awesome. The best part about it though, was hat at the meeting the night before AND for the first 3 hours of setting up, we could not get the damned LAN connection working right. Suddenly, it began working, and worked for the rest of the night, basically 20 minutes before the party was to start. It was awesome.

But other than that, I had an actual DJ set that I had prepared, as opposed tom last year where I just fussed around with random tracks and did a bunch of on-the-fly mash ups, which I realized immediately afterwords was a REALLY bad idea. So I spent the night before the party recording my 15 minute set and setting it all into one mp3 file, so all I'd have to do at the party is load it up and hit play. I basically kept the dance floor going (which was an already huge by comparison to other parties) for my entire set, and actually getting it to grow around midway through track 2. It does indeed fell epic, and I was getting congrats from Gordo and Paul immediately after, so I know it must have been good.

The rest of the party was pretty much what happens at any party with me. Run between
juggling with the ravers and poi-artists on the dance floor, running to find Mountain Dew and pizza, and playing Red Faction, oh and making sure that things were going well. Then comes the traditional dinner at 1:30 AM at the Edison Diner. Of course, I don't have anything because I'd just had 4slices of pizza during the party and at least 3 Mountain Dews, so yeah. I hung out with the closest thing to a juggler that went to the party, and around my area the conversation drifted to conventions and helping out at them, so of course now I get to do one of my favorite things, talk about juggling conventions! Awesome.

Also, just a quick note, I GOT TO SEE MARY AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ABOUT MONTH! Just a side note of awesome...

So bottom line, the party was awesome, and yeah. If you didn't go, sucks to have been you...

Daily Life 2:
THE RETURN OF MOBIUS-X!!! OH NOES!!!!

Well, if you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that me and Dan started a website forums back in the day (well, actually he had the idea, I just made it possible), and called it Mobius-X. They were made way back in around 2004, and have yet to completely die. Over the past year, and after a decent run, I left the website (which we upgraded to our own website sometime in 2005), and a little while afterwords, so did Dan. The forum trudged along for a while with the community of members keeping the post counts up, and then just slowly the forum died. Now, suddenly, skip ahead to the beginning of this month. Out of nowhere, a mass email is sent from one of the members about the 4th anniversary of the forum first opening, and a reminder that the website's hosting plan was going to run out at the end of the month. I of course, got this email, and suddenly felt like this forums had been trough too much to just die alone in a shameful nothing instead of the blaze of glory it deserves. So me, and the guy who sent the mass email (Logokas), joined up to revive the original forums (which had been badly neglected ever since the move to the website) and bring back activity.

It has worked stunningly well. Of course, I did 90% of the work after we decided to go for it, and I restored an absolutely HORRENDOUS forum code back to something sleek and pretty that also resembled the layout of the website. Basically, I made the old forums new again, and after sending out another mass e-mail, we suddenly got a FLOOD of old members coming back to post to the new forums.

I of course, didn't think it was going to last, being the realist that I am, but somehow, the amount of posts being made a day has not dropped a single bit in the past 2 weeks since I re-opened the old boards. What's even more amazing is that this amount of activity is the most activity the board has been getting since 2005! Ah, the power of mass e-mails.

Basically, if you aren't joined up to the forums, and will freely admit to being a Sonic The Hedgehog Fan, a nerd, a geek, or a lost cause, join up because you're at the rehab center. Mobius_X

Juggle This:
Well, I suppose I shoudl talk at least a little bit about Jugglers On Juggling and the status of my quest to place in the WJF5 Ring Intermediates comp, so here goes.

JoJ is a little dyslexic at the moment. I messed up in recording and uploading the last episode, so the entire thing got shifted over by a full week, but to make up for it, I made the funniest episode of the comic strip yet, and a blooper reel of footage from former episodes. That and I have no idea what I'm going to do for topics after I finish this current series about "The Un-asked Questions About Conventions". I'm thinking about doing a mini-episode as a review of the Penguin Juggling balls, which are awesome by the way, so we'll see what happens there.

As for my quest to get better with rings, through the very counter-intuitive approach of "don't practice them for a day or two and you'll suddenly find them much easier" is working, and though I'm still not able to get my 5 ring 744's, full reverses, and my 4 ring mills mess every time like I want to, I recently learned that I don't need to. I just have to get to be able to do it once every three attempts, at least for now when I'm making the routine video to submit to Jason. Wish me luck...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

Comments:
Losing weight is a combination of diet and exercise..
Diet, as in proper food.
Exercise as in regular and lots of it. I walk alot. And I mean alot. With a combination of walking, juggling and proper diet you'll prolly see big improvements. But remember that it'll take time. You're correct in that muscle weighs more than fat. It can be quite depressing to find that you've gained weight or not lost as much as you thought right at the start. Keep it up. And walk more. Much more. Hell, you may even enjoy it.

Colin45.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?