Tuesday, December 16, 2008

 

Heaven >/=/< $1000?

Listen Up!
The title means that my total cost for the World Juggling Federation convention in Vegas (heaven), should run me a total of just under $1000. It will be awesome though, and somehow still cost less than a semester of college. More on that later.
::
I've been in a really liberal activist mood lately. I've been supporting things like legalizing marijuana and repealing prop8 for a LONG time, but now I've just got this nagging urge to actually act on those notions, so I'm thinking of what I can do now. Maybe expect my youtube channel to get just a little bit political this January.
::
College is over. Parents are kind of douchebags, but they're really not. The deal is that if I get C's or higher on ALL my final grades, they'll pay for the semester, otherwise I pay for it. I got a D in, guess which class. Solid Modeling, where I said for the ENTIRE SEMESTER, the professor is an IDIOT. And look how it all ended. I now have to pay for the semester.
::
Jugglers On Juggling! I just released another episode! FINALLY! Granted it's getting a pretty luke-warm reception with only 200 views and absolutely NO useful comments , and no comments PERIOD on Reec.juggling, but hell, I've come to expect this... As sad as that is...
::

Daily Life:
So, I've been talking a lot about college already, so let me tell you straight up what the bill for next semester will be. Remember, this is before books, supplies, and travel. $1,879.00 !!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!

Yes, for community college I need to pay almost 2000 dollars a semester, and I don't have the money for it, simply put. It would only be 800 dollars, which is reasonable, considering the alternative, but there is this BOGUS as hell fee of $1000 to simply be AT Middlesex County College. Uh, I really am thinking about just grabbing my CAD certificate and getting the hell out of there. From what I've learned about what college is anyways, and what a degree is, college is a place that only 30% of people graduate from, and which only 10% of people actually make it past a 2 year degree. PLUS! I've learned that a degree doesn't mean anything more than a piece of paper to an employer that says "I have the ability to suck it up through the worst situation imaginable for at least two years".

To quote Penn and Teller, BULLSHIT! At least I'm only one class away from my CAD certificate and I'm in a major that I REALLY love now.

Juggle This:
So, the big question of the day is, am I ready for the WJF? The big answer, MAYBE. I know for a fact that the best I can do in my competition is third, and I think I'm probably going to place 4th, but who knows, maybe Sondre will screw up big time and I'll have the best run of my life! Because here's my dilema. All of my money-maker moves, I CAN'T PRACTICE. I think I've complained about this before, but the highest ceiling I can go that without having to drive anywhere and potentially get pestered, is the 10 foot roof of my garage, which is great for practicing all my moves with 4 rings and one or two five ring moves, but other than that it's useless. I have absolutely no idea what will happen, so I'll fill you in next week when I get back!

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?