Tuesday, February 10, 2009

 

The More Days Go By///

Listen Up!
The more I feel like ranting about political stuff. But I realize that it's really hard to do that without pissing a FUCKLOAD of people off, so I won't do that until I grow an even bigger set of balls. Granted, I know I've got some nads like you wouldn't believe (just look at JoJ when I started), but they're not that big to publicly talk politics yet.
::
So I just had my interview today with the Circuitboard Manufacturer today. It wasn't so much an interview as the manager introducing me around and showing me the process and what parts EXACTLY I would be designing. What the company does is make multi-layered circuit-boards. This is 2 or more circuitboards that are sandwiched together to make a more compact and efficient circuitboard. What I would be doing is designing the bridges between the 2 boards. The bridges are bacically thinner sheets of material with copper that goes THROUGH the material, instead of just staying on the surface like on a normal board, and the copper would be lined up with areas or the 2 boards being put together that it would make an electrical connection between the boards. It's all very technical how it works, but it's a really simple part in terms of how it works and how it will be designed. I mean, from what I saw today, it seems as though he's already hired me!
::
College is college. I have found a good use for my Applications In Business class (the most useless class ever), it gives me access to a T1 connection and a computer for about 4 hours, so that I can update my website and blog. Because all the assignments I finish within the first 10 minutes of the class, and ace all the tests in 1/4 the time it takes for the rest of the class. As for my other classes, it seems my art professors really like canceling class or not doing much work. Each one of my art classes so far has had at least one canceled class. Interesting to say the least. Otherwise things are moving smoothly.
::
NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO COMING! MY NEXT [JUGGLING] SERIES VIDEO IS FINALLY READY TO GO! It's going to be called "Slow Freeze" and I'll upload the trailer on the 12th and the video on the 15th. I'm a little bit "eh" about what I think of this video. I mean the tricks I manage in this video I have absolutely NO idea how I did them, and the editing is good, but just the overall feeling of the video seems weird. Maybe this is a good thing? I'll email a few of my big juggler friends and get what they think.
::
Mobius-X's redesign is goin pretty smoothly behind the scenes, I'm almost halfway done with the new skin, and we've pretty much decided on the new logo. We've also go the youtube channel off to a FLYING start, and we've got a few new members on the boards too. Things are lookin up for MX.
::
Tech.MCC, Damnit I wish I had more time to think about this damn thing. I am president after all, but strangely, it's not really that high on my list of priorities. HOWEVER! Meetings are doing fairly well, with about a dozen members showing up for the first two meetings, and us getting a LOT of stuff planned out for future meetings and official business with the college. We'll see what happens there...
::

Daily Life:
So, let me think of a good story to tell from the past week. There really hasn't been much in terms of stories to tell for the past couple months, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I only want to tell really good stories? I have no idea...
Well I guess I'll go through my day on Monday, because it was a pretty long day.

So I have to get up at around 9AM< because I've got a BIG interview today, and I need to get ready for it. Now, the main thing I have to do is shower and get myself "Presentable", which is something I hate doing, and only kind-of understand the point of, but I won't get into that. Bottom line is that I need to take a long shower and completely wash-cloth myself off. Now, if theres ONE THING I HATE besides mowing the lawn, it's taking a shower in the morning. The earlier, the worse. Because you've just woke up from your nice warm bed, moved into a room that is 9 times out of ten colder than the room you were just in, have to deal with the fact that the water temperature is NEVER comfortable, and then deal with the coldness of jumping out of the hot shower (because there's no such thing as "warm" in the morning except for the bed you were laying in). It just SUCKS, end of discussion. I'd rather stand outside naked in 40 degree weather than take a morning shower!

But so I've taken my shower, gotten my flash drive and laptop with directions, and headed off to rt 287. Only to realize as soon as I parked at the facility that it's 10:55, and my interview is at 11:00, and I've forgotten the hard copies of the AutoCAD examples I spent an hour fussing with to print out last night! GAHHHH!!!! Turns out I didn't need them at all, because he didn't even really care to look at any of the work I'd done, plus I didn't use a plotter to print out the examples, so they were muddy looking and not sharp at all. So he explains to me exactly what my job will be and then tours me through the manufacturing process as if he'd already hired me! Wow things are going good! So I then am shown exactly the part that I would be designing and drawing out, and explained what it is and what it does, and then the interview was pretty much over. It took about an hour, and I was now free to decide whether I should head to Middlesex County College to work on a Phtoto 2 project that day or whether I should wait until tomorrow to do it. I decided to head home because I was starving and hadn't eaten anything yet. I could do the project tomorrow.

So after an hour of being home, I get a message from Logokas (the current co-runner of Mobius-X, myself being the other one), and we start going through making a new logo for MX, and over about 2 hours of constant inspiration, collaboration, and going back and forth checking how each design looks on the website, we decided on the ultimate redesign, and now all I have to do is finish the skin design and upload it all to MX. Sounds pretty dull, but collaborating with another artist over something is almost as good if not better than hanging out with another juggler of equal skill level. Just constantly bouncing ideas and designs off of each other and working towards a common goal is one of the most productive feelings you can have, because it IS productive as hell. Either way, just know that collaborating with another artist on a design is just as high on my list of things I love to do as juggling by myself. That's how awesome it is.

So now that that's done, it's time to head to the most useless class ever, Applications In Business. Before I leave home though, after working on a website for hours prior, I get a GREAT idea for MY website, and that's to make a new page for just my juggling video series where it's got all the links to every video and everything related in a nice looking easy page. So I pile all the original hi-res files of my old videos onto my flash drive and head out to class. When I'm in class, I upload all the files onto my website, and then start designing the page around the files. It takes me the whole time, but I was able to participate in the class and do whatever she needed, because all we were doing was learning how to make a font bold and crap in MS Word. Wonderful. So I finish the web page and put it up, and then it's time to head back home again.

Now, I get home at around 9:30 I think? Which was midway through the new episode of Heroes! Luckily, my mom got caught up in a phone conversation about 209 minutes ago, and had paused the tv, so she only saw the first ten minutes. She finishes her conversation and we play it from the beginning. Now, I'm not going to talk about this new season of Heroes yet, because this is a long story as is, so that may come in next weeks post. But we get through the first half hour, and then all of the sudden, I see something on the DVD, it's stopped recording for some reason! So I stop the playing, go to live, and hit the record button. Somehow, this completely fucks up the operating system of the DVD, and now it's frozen and I have to go over and hard reset the box, my mom yelling at me to fix it the entire time! It takes a good ten minutes and 3 tries before I finally get it back working again. Ten minutes of constant frustrated groans from both me and mom, and hopeful wishes that all we missed were commercials and 5 minutes of the show. Unfortunately not the case, we missed a good ten minutes. "Well, that sucked", I said as I walked back upstairs to watch it on NBC.com...

Juggle This:
So some of the tricks I've been working on recently are really pretty boring. I think that after I did a 97531 with rings, I pretty much ran out of ideas and inspiration. Now I'm not practicing many new moves, but I am working on solidifying a lot of my lower number stuff. However, my 7 object patterns are solidifying like you absolutely would not BELIEVE! Just today, during my practice session, I got 16 catches of 7 rings and around 30+ catches of 7 balls! It's absolutely the most amazing thing that I've ever seen. I'm just sitting there, having warmed up and already doing a few runs of 6 rings to warm up, and the third or so attempt of 7 rings, I can see and understand the pattern PERFECTLY and CLEARLY. And I end up just watching this 7 ring pattern like I was watching a 3 ball cascade! But what's even better was how 7 balls looked. My god, I was CORRECTING ERRORS IN THE PATTERN AND CONTINUING! That's how well I was understanding the pattern, was that I was in TOTAL CONTROL of it! I guess unless you've gone through and done 7 balls you will have a tough time understanding, but I know a lot of better jugglers than me read my blog, so they should know the feeling and wonder I'm trying to communicate.

But besides all that, my next video. I'll be releasing the actual video with next week's blog post. SO I've just finished sending it out to a few of my closest juggling friends, and got their feedback on the finished video, and really I was hoping for a lot more negative criticisms, and I did ask them to be a bit harsh, but ALL of them were blown away by the video. I can see why after watching it having read their comments, because really these ARE tricks that could get me a medal in the WJF Intermediates comp if I could pull them off first time, and definitely the editing is great. I was really hoping to get comments about the FEEL of the video, because after watching it a lot, I could sense something different about the complete video that wasn't there in any of my others, and I couldn't nail down what it was for all I was worth. I'm not sure whether it's going to make it the best video yet, or whether it will detract from it, but we'll find out next week! Until then, the trailer for it will be up on Thursday.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?