Monday, March 23, 2009

 

Sickness Sucks

Listen Up!
Yeah, I hate being sick. I somehow caught ANOTHER cold/flu/something over the weekend (it's not the reason why I missed last week's post, that was because I was relaxing over spring break). But yeah, I hate being sore everywhere, not wanting to get up, feeling like I want to hurl, and everything else. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it....
::
Overall though I had a good spring break! I was able to just lounge around the house nude until anyone got home, and it's always fun to just be free, lol. Seriously though, sorry about the image that I just put in your head of a bare 270lb me making macaroni and cheese, and I had a great summer break. I caught up on a lot of sleep debt I'd built up, and really was able to intensify my job search, speaking of which...
::
I'M STILL UNEMPLOYED! WTF!? Seriously, I must have answered 2 and a half dozen craigslist postings and put in 5 online applications to different major stores, and even after checking back and going to some of them and asking the hiring manager for an update, I STILL haven't gotten any calls. I'm going to call up my uncle once again and get him to hire me back at Shoprite, because I really need to start saving money for all the things I want to do this summer, NOW.
::
As for my summer plans, let me outline them real quick. First, the IJA convention is happening in North Carolina this year, so I can easily drive down and have a blast, especially seeing as how there's not going to e a WJF until 2010. That's one week of July, and for the month of August is my REALLY ambitious plan. I want to move down to Texas to live (ONLY FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST) with one of my juggling friends who's got a new house and is looking for other jugglers to fill it up and help split the cost. I'm really iffy about whether this will happe n or not, but the reason is that I want to see what it's like to live on my own away from my parents for a while. The longest time I've ever spent away from them was the last two WJF conventions, and they both lasted under a week, so I have no idea what it'd be like to support myself long term, and I want to try it out.
::


Daily Life:
So I said already that spring break was awesome, I got to hang out nude. I didn't really go anywhere or do anything, and my time spent at college has just been, meh. Though I did hit a breakthrough with Tech.MCC recently, all thanks to JerseyCowboy. He basically came in one day a few weeks ago and shook up the club by calling for more organization and progress on projects. Everyone listened, and now we've got a massive project on it's way, and that is the Lego Robotics project. Basically, the club is going to buy a lego Mindstorms kit and use it to learn about programming, autonomy in programming, and general engineering. It's a great project, and hopefully we'll get it working soon, because I love it, and so does the rest of the club.

Other than that though, things have been a bit quiet and boring, so here's a nice story for you to watch and listen to:


Juggle This:
Ok, so I've had a few breakthroughs in new tricks since the last post, the most noteworthy one if a QUALIFY of a 5 BALL MILLS! Woo! I've also done a new one high tw low variation with clubs, broken my 5 ring full reverse record, flashed a 6 ring flat front reverse with rings, and broken my 6 ring record! I'm actually a bit amazed at how much I'm still improving considering how little practice I've been getting recently. However, I have also continued training Jacob (TheRisingIris) and he is DEFINITELY getting better. I let him borrow a set of my clubs over spring break and tomorrow I'll see what he's managed to learn on his own, he's getting good enough now that he can experiment and find tricks without me showing him (makes me so proud :P ) So yeah.

As for me though, I've got Juggle This coming up in two weeks, and I've been pretty set in my decision, that now I have 16gb worth of total SD card memory and a wonderful HD camera, that I'll be producing a convention video when I go. Of course my problem is, as usually with convention videos, how will I have fun at the con and still get all the footage I want/need, how long with the finished video be, what will be in the video, etc. All this stuff that makes a convention video hard to do... I know for a fact I'll be recording more of the Renegade performances and putting them up as well! And speaking of renegade....

I REALLY want to do something for this years Juggle This Renegade show, but I still have no idea what to do. I got the idea from Michael Karas to do a parody of JoJ, and I think that's a great premise, but turning it into a routine of some sort is driving me mad. I've come up with a REALLY stupid, but somehow still hard, trick that I want to do, I'm not sure the response it'll get though. I've also thought about who I could do a collaborative routine of some sort with or serious tricks I can do, and I was thinking about doing my arm-club-balance-flips on the renegade show or for best trick, because it's a really hard trick that I've got nailed down pretty well, and that's fairly unique, so I still don't know..... If you've got any ideas for what I should do, please don't hesitate to suggest something!

Now, I was also asked recently by someone what's going on with Jugglers On Juggling. Well, to be blunt, I think that season 3 is over. Why? I have simply run out of good ideas for things I think I am knowledgeable enough with to contribute to, and so I think that if I did any more topics, I would be making stuff up and speaking out of my ass, which is something I want to avoid at ALL costs. Basically, Season 3 of JoJ was all about me informing other jugglers about what subjects I knew more about than the average juggler. I think, unless I make an episode about siteswaps, that I've pretty much run dry on things I know better than most jugglers. So looking back on Season 3, I think it was a great success. I improved the format by leaps and bounds, made up a recording method that's easy to edit and record and leads to good results, and I've gained some respect from people who used to hate it. Basically I've learned from Season 3, and for Season 4, I want to try something different. I want to change the format again. I'm looking to try interview type format, where I bring on other jugglers and have a recorded debate about subjects, such as sport vs art, tricks vs numbers, basically all the classic juggling debates. Me on one mic and another juggler with an opposing viewpoint on the other mic, going back and forth trying to prove each others point. I think that'd make for an intellectually stimulating podcast...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?