Monday, April 27, 2009

 

OW, OW, OW, OW, OW.....

Listen Up!
BIG NEWS! I JUST GOT A SECOND DEGREE BURN ON MY THUMB BY SPILLING BOILING WATER FROM RAMEN ONTO IT! lol note to self, two ramen packages will NOT fit into one bowl.
::
Bit of bad news I'm afraid, Shoprite finally got back to me and said they can't hire me again because I was fired. Oh well, BUT good news, I've got another lead on a new job with Home Depot, who one of my friends works at, so that's another opening. I've still got to check back with AMC Theater first though. That and call back the US Census department to see where that stands from long time ago.
::
College is almost done, yay! All my classes seem to be doing just fine, including the craptastic ones, and it looks like for once I may get higher than a C on everything! But who knows right now, I don't want to jinx it. Overall though, I'm just happy to be almost done so I can FINALLY concentrate on getting a job so I can go to the IJA in July.
::
Oh, did I not mention that? I'M GOING TO THE IJA! Finally, right? I'll be heading down with a good friend of mine who I haven't seen since elementary school, Zach. He doesn't know how to juggle, but he's coming up from Florida to hang out with me for a week and maybe even learn to juggle himself.
::
Tech.MCC News! We've got a meeting left to go and we're FINALLY going to be using the robotics kit we ordered. other than that, we'll also be helping out with the end of the semester party at MCC this year, seeing as how there is no all college night thanks to the douchebag that brought a GUN to the last one....
::
Sorry about the missing post last week, I really have been busy trying to get a damned job in this economy and making sure that I'm up with all my college assignments.

Daily Life:
So while I wait to get a job, it's warm enough for me to START MOWING LAWNS AGAIN! Something I haven't done for 2 full years, but the second I started I INSTANTLY remembered why I hadn't. But that actually wasn't the first thing that happened on Saturday of this week. First of all, last week I found someone in Sewaren throwing away a massive rear-projection TV that was completely intact and still worked. I knocked on the door, asked if I could have it, and scooped it up into the truck myself. That was an amazing feat in itself because the thing weighted about a hundred pounds and was bigger than I am, but I just man handled it up somehow, and then the guy came out of the house and started a conversation with me, and from there, he invited me to a job interview at where he worked. So Saturday I had to get up at 8 AM in order to get picked up and follow him all the way to Tinton Falls to sit in a "join our company" pitch. I saw through it around 30 minutes in. It's a pyramid scheme, so I sat until it ended, and I won't be going there. So now I arrive back home around 10:00, and I immediately am off to mow lawns.

Now, I've ranted before about how much I hate mowing the lawn, and now I'm stuck here in the 80+ degree weather with two lawns to mow, running on no breakfast and about 4 hours of sleep, trying to make 25 bucks. Granted the 25 bucks is nice, but to refresh you on why I hate the lawns, I think it's too much effort for not enough payback, the result of an hours work only lasts a few days, it's time spent working outside sweating in the heat with mosquitoes biting at your limbs, and all that grass has to go somewhere. I just hate doing it, and I hated doing it the entire hour I was out there with a crappy mower and a hefty bag.

Well I finally got done with THEM and now I was on my way home to eat and take a well earned nap. So after munching on some Pizza Bagels, I traveled upstairs, took a nice shower to cool off, and slipped into bed, only to have my mom suddenly yell at me about the rest of the family going off to a baseball game and leaving me with a list of stuff to do, most notably was to MOW OUR GOD DAMNED LAWN. I made mental notes and fell asleep for a while.

Well guess what happened, I woke up around 6:00, and it was too late for me to do the lawn before it was gonna get dark, and I was lying to her about it on the phone when she called. I hurriedly vaccumed the downstairs and put my clothes in the wash lie she asked, but I figured I'd wait to do the lawn tomorrow anyways, seeing as how it was too late, and it really isn't critical. Well she and dad apparently didn't think so, barging in and just yelling at me in general about it, not asking for an excuse or even willing to hear one, just yelling more meanly than I've heard in a long time, with me sitting there puzzled as to what the hell the big deal was. Eventually they left me alone and mom later came in to apologize, but I still had to more the lawn the next day.....
Juggle This:
Well I haven't really been pushing my abilities as of late in terms of high numbers, BUT! I have been working on a lot of simpler tough moves I've as of yet been unable to do. I started off by trying to get 3 ring shoulder slides, and I managed to get a full flash to a cascade on camera! Woo! But I didn't stop there, a few days later I was practicing my 2 box stuff because I hadn't in months, and all of the sudden I found myself with the idea to do a face-on one-handed stack flip, where instead of both boxes rotating sideways in opposite directions, they rotate face forward in opposite directions, and I managed to get THAT on camera as well! Then right after doing that I made a reverse side-on version where the top box made a full spin and the bottom box a half spin. Talk about technical box tricks!

Oh but the fun didn't stop there, I then came up with a short while later, 3 ring full reverse penguin catches! I made a video, posted it online, and then proceeded to try it out some more, and I've gotten the move down completely, I can run it to a qualify in a full reverse pattern, and I've run it to a qwualify doing inward flat-fronts as well! Thay look so good on camera, I can't wait to complete my latest video with them. Oh yeah, you heard right....

My next video is coming out soon! I'm almost done gathering footage for it, and it's going to be AMAZING. All the tricks I've done are awesome, all the footage looks great, and I'm now goign to have the video released in 720x480 resolution, aka WIDE! So yeah, keep an eye out for that somtime in early summer!

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?