Tuesday, May 05, 2009

 

Here Comes The Money!

Listen Up!
I AM SO HAPPY TO SAY I HAVE EMPLOYMENT!!!!! YES!!!! I am now working for the Home Depot of Garwood and Elizibeth (yes they're both a ways away from Sewaren, but whatever) as the floral representative for an affiliated company. Basically it's gonna be my job to make sure to go into both stores at least 3 times a week and water the plants, remove the dead ones, keep track of them, and put out new shipments when they come in. I'm essentially the floral product manager. It's not a hard job at all, and the thing I love most is I'm gonna be able to make my own hours, the thing I may end up having problems with is that I may not have ENOUGH hours. I really want to crank myself into gear and make tons of money before my trip to the IJA in July, and from my first day of work yesterday, it seems as though each day I'd only be working about 3 or 4 hours... We'll see what happens I guess...
::
The college semester is OVER! I've already had my finals in 3 classes, and just have my Photo final tomorrow before I'm free to work for the summer. I'm kind of loathing this semesters end, because a few of my good pals are transferring out of MCC over the summer, including Jacob and Mark, two of my best pals. It's a little sad, but hey, I'm getting in with the people in the media arts classes, so it's not all bad. What was I talking about again?
::
Tech.MCC is gonna start summer meetings next week, which is awesome. We never got the chance to do anything with the robotics kit we ordered, and I think we still need to do a community service project because I have no idea who went to help with the end of the semester party, but overall this was a good year. I'm finally having Gordon actually TEACH me some things, I know what we need to do as a club, I'm learning what works and what doesn't, and we're getting new members who are willing to do stuff. One of the best ideas I had that turned out to be a MASSIVE hit was I asked members to bring in their old computer parts they had laying around and didn't want to give away to the other club members, holy crap did this get a good response! Free tech stuff to mod and play around with? What could be better!?
::

Daily Life:
So my first day working in the floral section at Home Depot of Garwood. Not really all that exciting, especially compared to my other jobs. I started the day by going in and meeting the supervisor from the affiliate company I'm working for, and she showed up about a half hour after I did, so I spent that time blocking/facing (in other words rearranging to look nice) all the plants outside, because I don't need to water them, it's raining. I then went to the foyer and began removing the few dead plants there were, and in the middle of that, she arrived to help.

So she explains to me how dead a dead plant is before we consider it dead and throw it out. Yeah, there's a certain level of deadness something has to achieve before it is worthy of being canned. But I digress, we did that and cleaned up and snipped all the dead blossoms from the plants and made our way to the inside shelves, where we really started cleaning up and making room for the shipment which was due to arrive that day but hadn't yet. So we do that, it takes about an hour, and the shipment still hasn't arrived, so we grab the massive watering tank, which is an awesome piece of equipment, basically a massive 40+ gallon tank on wheels, hooked up to a garden hose with a nozzle. So we fill it up, which takes a half hour (during which time we continued to face/block the plants), go back, and I water everything on the inside of the store. This takes about an hour, and now we're left with nothing to do and the shipment still hasn't arrived.

She tells me one key piece of info, and that is that if the shipment is this late and you have nothing else to do but wait, just clock out and come organize the shipment another day. So that's exactly what we did, she showed me how to fill out the what we threw away sheets and how to clock out before we clocked out and I left for class. Basically, pretty easy, just a matter of doing things is what it all is.

Juggle This:
Wow, uh, yeah. I have hardly done any juggling over the past week. I actually feel kinda mad at myself for not juggling anywhere near what I should, but somehow every time I do juggle, I haven't seemed to have lost anything and am still improving on some things. Granted, some things I simply have not practiced and have suffered immensely, like my 4 ring mess, but eh I can't practice everything. I really do wish there was more I could put here, bu8t really NOTHING juggling related has happened to me in the past week, absolutely nothing. It's quite annoying.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?