Wednesday, July 08, 2009

 

Nothing To Say, Nothing To Say....

Listen Up!
And again, I'm late with the posting, but at least I remembered to do it this week! Man have things been crazy this past week leading up to the IJA. I'm going into overdrive because I want to edit and maybe release Adverse Reaction before the IJA, and at the IJA I want to record a convention video. I also am leading the videography workshop and need to make a pamphlet about what I'll be teaching in the workshop. Fun times...
::
Work is doing just fine as usual. Again, easy stuff, shipping days are moderate hell and I end up taking 2 full days to do it all, but now we're finally putting all of the outside plants on clearance, so hopefully they will sell and we won't be blocking half th parking lot with Hibiscus trees anymore.
::
I really haven't had the opportunity to juggle too much recently, but I have been thinking of stuff I want to do, most of it crap, but it's still stuff. I dunno, just filling space here...


Daily Life:
Actually I do have something to talk about this week that's completely new to me bust fascinating and I love it. Geocaching :D The basic notion is it's a small container of some sort that is hidden in a public place, and the exact GPS coordinates of the container are posted online, along with clues as to where it is. The object is to find the container, and write your name and date on the log sheet left inside of it, so you can see who else is a member of this kind of "underground activity" with you. It really is awesome, and it's like being part of a MASSIVE stealth scavenger hunt! The only problem for me is, I don't have a GPS XD, so I basically look at the google maps position and use the clues to tell me roughly where to look and I go and try to find the thing.

I've searched for three caches and found two so far, my first one being right on Main Street. I was driving home on the way to work and I remembered the really obvious clue and the spot on the google map. It was fairly obvious after I parked the truck and walked to the spot where the cache would be, and so I waited for it to be quiet, reached under where it would be, and found it, it was a bit of a rush as I opened the thing and saw the log sheet. Quickly scribbled my name down and replaced the thing before heading off back home. Fun times had by all :D

It may not sound like fun in text, but imagine an infinite scavenger hunt going on 24/7, whenever you want, that's constantly being updated with new caches and being played all around you. It's exciting! I'm hoping to hide a cache near my house sometime soon, because there's only one that's ANYWHERE near my house, and there's plenty of good spots to hide a cache within Sewaren.

Juggle This:
Yeah, nothing really to talk about this week. Haven't done much but I'm hoping to still have some new stuff ready for the IJA, including videos on youtube. We'll see if it works, because right now I am a little busy.....

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?