Wednesday, August 05, 2009

 

Where Is That Damned Cache?!

Listen Up!
And so we're off for another week's post! And once again it's late. I really need to get rid of this damned habit. Oh well, it's a problem I'll solve, next week apparently.
::
Home Depot is treating me well, and by that I mean the new arrangement in the Garwood store is superb and allows me to water more efficiently and put out new stock better. Of course the problem that came with the new thing I've discovered is that the new rack is about 20% smaller than the old rack, so now I'm sitting there on Thursday with 3 carts worth of stuff and having to put an entire cart of 10" plants on the floor next to the racks. Brilliant. The Elizabeth store is doing well though, plenty of room and plenty of people buying it seems.
::
Lets see, after about, how many MONTHS of waiting, the college has FINALLY decided to mail me saying my Certificate has arrived. Well it's about damned time I got something out of Middlesex besides great places to juggle, lol. Seriously though, now I'm gona go in tomorrow and pick up my CAD certificate, and hopefully use it in order to get a job in the field of Drafting somewhere. The only thing is I have to figure out where.....
::
I'm about to start up my podcast again, I still need to come up with topics to talk about, but hopefully for right now, I'll have a few weeks to think about them while I work on the first few episodes of season 4. The first four episodes are going to be 2, two-part episodes. The first two being about the IJA, and the next two being about music as it relates to juggling and juggling videos. Then I think after that I'll probably be going over what I went over in my IJA workshop, videography.
::

Reeses2150's Reviews For The Intelligent Human
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Well this movie was certainly a bombshell, for lack of a better word. I don't mean it in a bad or good way, because that's kind of how the movie felt, not good, but not bad. The main thing with the Half Blood Prince is it's the shitstorm everyone knew was coming starting up. Of course it only felt that way during the last 10 minutes or so, and not even then. There is the one confrontation right before the last ten minutes of the movie, and it lasts maybe 3 minutes. That's it. The rest of the movie leading up to that actually felt like a review/setup for the rest of the series. Literally every prop from the past movies makes an appearance, from Quiddich, to the Invisibility Cloak, to the Marauders Map. All of it comes back as if to say "Hey! We didn't forget about that stuff from the past!" And I was glad to see them not forget, but I would have rather it had been less obvious.

I'm not entirely sure that the reason this movie felt so passive is because I went into the theater waiting to get sucked in and spent the entire time sitting in the chair analyzing it, but then again I did the same thing for Star Trek and it still sucked me right into the story. I think that's where Harry Potter doesn't stand up this time around, is the story. It felt like there were two stories going on, both of them very thinly spread and convoluted, and they just kept changing between each other. From one moment to the next it just felt like it was meandering around, and that was the problem with the movie.

Artistically the movie was awesome, with the director going from scene to scene playing with hue and saturation like it was the Matrix Trilogy, and all of the settings were absolutely perfectly made, I just have to admire how the visuals of the tower room or the Weasley House just stick in my mind. So in that respect, if you want to go see a movie that will just have you gazing at beautiful images, this is definitely it. If you've been following the Harry potter movies, but not the books, this is also a must see, because it ties everything together for the scavenger hunt and final battle in the next two films.


Daily Life:
So I promised last week I'd explain my newest side-hobby, Geocaching. Essentially this can be defined in three words, worldwide scavenger hunt. The basic premise of Geocaching is that there are thousands of small containers hidden throughout the world by many people, and the exact GPS coordinates of each container are known, and posted up on google maps and the main website ( geocaching.com ). What you do is go physically to the spot with a GPS device, and search using the GPS until you're within a dozen feet or so of the container, then using the clues from the website, find the "cache" and log your visit on the piece of paper inside. Sometimes the cache will be a larger container and so you can leave random objects inside like a ring or a candy or something. That's it in a nutshell, and I know it doesn't sound very appealing like that, but imagine taking a friend or two out, on a scavenger hunt that you can start and stop at anytime, anywhere you are, and that will never end. It's awesome!

So far, I've found 4 Caches in various places, and I've looked for about 7. Yes, they are hard to find, especially the rural ones or the ones hidden in trees, but you find them eventually most of the time. The closest one to me though really sucks, because I went three times to search for it, the third time knowing EXACTLY where to look, and spending a full 30 minutes searching one tree for it, finding nothing, only to have the next day the placer come online and say it's gone missing. DUH! I hate it when that happens, but it does sometimes happen.

The easiest cache so far I've found has to be the one on my local main street, the clue was "USA TODAY" and when I arrived at the GPS location, there was a USA Today newspaper box, so I reached underneath, and sure enough, stuck with a magnet to the bottom was an altoids container. Signed it and left. awesome.

Here's a video of me geocaching in the town of Winston-Salem North Carolina.


A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?