Wednesday, September 02, 2009

 

The Thursday Of Progress

Listen Up!
Wow, so I really am late with this post. Sorry all 3 of you readers, lol.
::
Ok, so I did the first 3 episodes of JoJ, the easy episodes I might add, now it's time to actually start working on the big episodes I have planned. I'm betting they're gonna come out after a week delay because I'm still planning out the points to make, but when I do let them out I think they'll do quite nicely. Again, they're going to be a 4 episode series all about juggling music videos, two episodes about music, two episodes about videography, and hopefully I won't be the only one hosting them if all goes as planned.
::
I'm really loathing the start of college comign up, I mean it's gonna be nice to finally be having juggling practice space and classes to learn stuff from, but I've really gotten way too used to staying up until 5AM and talking to all my pals over MSN Messenger. Oh well, it's what happens each September....
::
So I've recently learned from a trip to the Student Activities section of college that my first big project for Tech.MCC, that was that I was going to bring in my big rear projection TV and we were gonna put an N64 inside of it, and I heard that they don't have the room to house the big TV. So now I have to put out an email asking if anyone wants a massive tV that we're gonna put an N64 into :P That and I also have to figure out other projects for us to do with the Lego Robotics kit.
::


Daily Life:
So the big thing to happen last week was what I call, my ultimate day of production. It was Thursday, and by some very bad math, I calculated I made 480 dollars in one day, and that's not really the case, but I'll explain.

I started the day nice and early, waking up around 8:30 or so and getting ready for a big performance coming up at the Goddard School where I perform every summer. This year was special because the students were all going to perform along with me for "circus week". I went in for two days to teach the kids circus type tricks like balancing on a balance beam and jump roping, and on the last day, I would perform and then Emcee the show where all the kids went up and performed. So Thursday was performance day, like I said, and we started off with me getting there just in time
to start my performance, and it was outdoors and windy, so I had some trouble, but I managed my entire ball routine with only two drops, which I was able to kick the ball back up from into 4 and then 5. Then came the volunteer segment, which went pretty well, and finally the clubs, which I did bomb a bit on, just because I have such a small set of club moves I can do, and it was too windy for me to even consider doing rings. Well either way, I managed to pull through it somehow, and then it was on to emceeing, which was pretty easy. I was cracking jokes and announcing the tricks as the kids did them one by one, class by class, and the parents obviously enjoyed it, the kids did too. So I ended everything there around noon and went in to get my paycheck, $275 dollars total. a hundred bucks for the performance, 50 to Emcee, 100 for the day of teaching, and 25 for travel. Was pretty good.

As I was on my way home, I hit the most brutal traffic jam I think I have ever been in by myself, literally moving less than a mile in a full half hour. Eventually I made it home around 1:30, just in time to grab my paycheck from work from the mail and deposit them both on my way to work. My work check was about $125 bucks, so I made a 400 dollar deposit right to my bank account, doubling it's size. So then I headed off to work for a MASSIVE shipment day, seeing as how we'd skipped shipments the week before and were in desperate need of everything at both stores.

I got a really nerve racking call though before I left for the stores though, and it was from my supervisor. She said very simply, the higher ups were going through stores and evaluating them, and that she basically just got her head torn off after they visited one of the other stores because there was so much dead product. I knew there was a lot of half-dead stuff at my two stores because I was being lenient with throwing things away, the shelves were empty enough as it was. So the moment I got into my first store I went to the back to start the water tank filling, and immediately grabbed two carts and got rid of ANYTHING that had more than 3 or 4 dead leaves on it. I basically went through half of the stock and got rid of it, replacing it all with the new stock and basically doing a full-reset of the store, fixing the labels, rearranging where everything went, and finally watering everything. It took a good 4 and a half hours, but I finally finished my first store and headed off to the second to do the very same thing again.

Now the main difference between stores one and two is that store #2 has it's tropical section maintained every morning my the employees before I go in, so everything is usually well labeled and watered, that and the way the tables are arranged is much better. So as I got in and did the same thing, whirlwinding my way through half-dead plants and shuffling around where everything went, I suddenly realized that I hadn't seen the higher ups, or received a call from my supervisor. In fact, I still haven't received a call from my supervisor almost a full week later about it, so I guess I must have been doing a good job. Well whatever the case, I finished up in about 3 and a half hours on Thursday, ending the day by arranging and watering the outside plants after the store had closed, giving me a full 8 hours, and eighty bucks worth of work. Needless to say, I went home tired, and content about my bank account.

Juggle This:
Well I do have to say, despite me not going to MCC since last week to practice rings, I have found myself improving with a few big things regardless. I have been working on my 4 ball stuff. I was watching the Terminator movies again the other day, and all of the sudden I found myself standing over my bed with 4 balls in a shower pattern, and just trying stuff. I somehow hit the right sequence to throw me into the 4 ball box, and as I ran it for 9 or 10 catches, I stood there completely dumbfounded at how easy it felt to me. I don't remember how long I spent practicing, but I know the movie went to the sequel as I as trying to get the pattern solid. I then also found myself noticing the similarities between the 4 ball box and the sprung cascade, eventually deciding to try doign the sprung cascade again, and after a few minutes of trying to get the muscle memory to forget the box and remember the cascade, I saw the pattern running for a good 10 sets of catches with no problems. Needless to say, my face was beaming.

I eventually set up my tripod and recorded my best runs of both tricks, and I haven't been able to stop doing them for the past 3 days since. They are indeed awesome tricks, and they make me so excited to juggle again because I'm realizing how much 4 ball stuff I have never done before that I should be able to do, and then from there all the 5 ball stuff I have yet to learn, it's like feeling what it was like to get my first 5 ball flash again, it's absolutely great and I'm loving it so much.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?