Tuesday, September 22, 2009

 

With a Crack of The Whip

Listen Up!
Damn has my life gotten busy recently! Sorry about mising last week and being lae with this week, but my classes have absolutely been tearing away at all my free time, that and working on my own projects has killed all the time I've had to do anything. I'll try to update this beter or maybe even write the post a boit at a time throughout the week, but yeah I'll try to keep things going for you.
::
Now, for those that care about my juggling stuff, I've got something big that I'm going to be doing probably before next week, and that is the Yo-Yo Sticks I showed off at he IJA festival this year are ready to start selling. So I'm building the websit and the instructional and promo video for them right now. Believe me these things are awesome, and the promo video will show just a few awesome tricks that can be done with these things.
::
Tech.MCC, oh boy is this an issue. Of course as you can imagine I'm having trouble with the time, but there are just such big problems right now with the club. The biggest problem right now with the club is communication, everything is coming from me and all I have is the mass email list to send out info. The forums aren't really populated by the general members, and thanks to us not being at the college fair, we seem to have fallen into a place where a lot of students don't even know we exist. So while we've got projects and plans, we don't have a hell of a lot of members showing up to the meetings, and I dlon't seem to be getting many members visiting the forum or responding to the emails. Well, so far that's the only problem sofar, but let's hope I can fix it.....
::
College, oh man is my freehand drawing class killing me. I keep saying this but it's constantly looming on my head that I need to fill up a 90 page sketchbook, AND do the massive projects that are due each week, this week being 2 finished still life drawings shaded on the sketch pads. Other than that damned class, which is early in the morning for me too, my Sociology seems to be a little bit of trouble, not because of understanding the points or anything with the class itself, it's that so far, for the first two classes, he's assigned a full page report on something, where we have to use references too. Man is that a little bit hellish when piled onto everything. I mean granted a page isn't much, and it's not hard to make my point, the hard part is finding the type of resources he's aski to back up my point.
::
Jugglers on Juggling. Oh now this is a subject I feel awkward talking about, because I've not been able to continue the current season for a full MONTH now. God damn, I hate it, I really know what I want to say and I';ve got an idea how I'm going to make the next set of episodes, I just absolutely don't have the time! By the time I've come home from class, chillaxed for a while, done my work, answered emails and kept up to date with everything I need to, and socialized online, it's already 5AM and it's time to go the hell to sleep! God damnit....
::

Juggle This:
So there is indeed more juggling stuff to talk about, and man is it good. One good thing about my new college schedule, and the only great thing about my freehand drawing classes schedule is that it ends at 5 PM, and I then have the ability to go into the Theater and spend as long as I want practicing there every week, and because of that I've made a few MASSIVE things so far. Two weeks ago as I think I said I've made a full 5up 180 with 5 rings, and I could not be happier about that! However, I've also pracitced my 6 ball half shower, and now I can run it longer than I can run my fountain, and my record now is over 40 catches clean on video! Not only that, but I've broken two seven ball records I had last week, I made 38 catches of a cascade and qualified a 7 ball half shower! Absolutely incredible to realize I can do that stuff now, I'm considering trying a 9 ball flash next week! DAMN is that big!

Somthing else I want to tlak about, is that a week or two ago, MisterSampo (Dave) contacted me and asked if I wanted to play a game of J.U.G.G.L.E. against him, and so I, never wanting to turn down a challenge, I accepted. He's busy working on the intro to the videos, and I've recorded two series of tricks that I'm challenging him to do as soon as he finishes the intro. One string is a 5 ball string of 3 tricks,and the next is a 4 ball string of 4 tricks. Of course I'm kinda hoping he can do them so that I can get some more into those strings of tricks.

ALSO! I might as well talk about my next video while I'm here and talking about my jugglign stuff. All those tricks I said before about when I was doing my Thursday practice sessions, they are all going into my next vid obviously. The things I want to say though, is that I went back and looked at my last two vids again, Slow Freese, which was basically my best and most successful video ever, and Adverse Reaction, so far one of my worst. I've noticed the big key difference between the two is music and the colors of the video. Slow Freeze had great, warm music that was slow and had a massive beat to it, and the same types of orange, brown warm colors and massive shots were used in the clips. It all fit and worked together to keep you sucked in. Adverse reaction had none of that, it wans't synced up to the music and the music didn't match the colors or feel of the clips either, it all just felt really thrown together, which to be honest, it was (Windows Movie Maker had crashed on me and I just spent a week trying to save the first edit of the video and just shoving it out due to frustration without even making a second edit). So I'm going to be spending a lot more time this time working on seeing what the tones in the clips are are findign the music and editing that fits with those tones. Also another idea I had is to tie the clips together somehow by adding in between clips and stuff, but right now that seems unimportant after that revelation i had. One thing I'm considering doing though, is that because Adverse Reaction was such a bomb, but that the clips in it were really so good, I'm thinking about taking a bunch of the best clips from Adverse and putting them in my next vid...

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?