Thursday, November 19, 2009

 

The Infinity Machine

Listen Up!
Wow, holy shit have I been busy recently, I missed 2 weeks of the blog and this one is late by a few days. Sorry about that guys, the college is absolutely sucking so much it's rediculous, more ranting on that later. Right now let me say I'm sorry again, I've been able to continue working on my new juggling video, and being able to do my usual socializing and classwork, so I am doing fine, just squeezed for time is all.
::
So let me talk about my new video. I've been steadily gathering footage since Adverse Reaction, and because of how it was absolutely horrible, I've changed up the entire way I organize the video, and for the first time used Vegas 100%. I've built the video by starting with the music track, making sure to find one like the track from Slow Freeze, with a slow heavy tempo and with many sections where the feel completely changes. I started with that, spending agood day finding the track, and then I built up the video and right now I'm showing it to my trusted previewers and seeing how they like it.
::
College has been taking an upturn in terms of grades. I managed a 98 on my Sociology midterm, and I've gotten many A's in my 3d Design class. My Sales class is even doing better now with a B on the midterm, my Freehand Drawing class is still crap, thanks to the morning status, but I'm improving there too, with the professor taking a breath and saying "Oh wow" in reaction to a recent sketch I did of one of my classmate's face. In short, things seem to be on the up, and I'm glad about it outside of the time it's eating up in ordser to get those numbers....
::
Tech.MCC is doing better. Todays meeting was a bit of a wash in terms of the projects, but we got at least 3 new people come by in response to the fliers dropping by, asking about us building robots. So in response, next week we'll be having the robotics meeting, where we're going to try and build more than one Lego Robot, bring in a bunch of Rc bots, as well as see if we can build a set of swarm bots. It should be an interesting meeting for sure. Of course hopefully we'll be able to get a room somewhere so we can be more official and have the space for the robots, still working on that...
::

Daily Life:
So, time to start complaining about the college now. I have to admit, I've been doing some speculating about why they're doing things the way they are this semester. My big conclusion? They're making bad decisions in the wake of the recession, trying to shift the focus of the college from "Let's make a good environment for the students" to "Let's make absolutely sure we make a profit". My evidence? Well I haven't confirmed anything, but from what I've heard the student activities budget has been literally cut in half, as well as their staff was cut in half.

I've also been seeing what they're doing with the College Center, the main place where students are to hang out. They've been trying to get it so that less and less students are spending their free time there recently, at least it seems that way. They made a great move in lining the side wall of the cafeteria with extension cords that lead to power outlets, but apparently it worked too well in giving people a reason to stay, because they were gone within a week. They also removed the couches from pretty much all the usual hangout areas of the building within the space of two or three weeks, because the center was doing it's job a bit too well.

Again, I'm not blasting MCC or anything, again this is all just speculating from crap I saw or heard from other people. It's just that so much is different this semester from previous semesters, and I'm not the only one to be noticing it. Either way, that's my craplist about what the college seems to be doing wrong, and what things seem to be right now.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?