Wednesday, September 22, 2010

 

The New Semester

Listen Up!
ANOTHER New video?! Yes! Android Hell. My inspired little routine of sliding balls on an angled surface in order to juggle them, and an act I'll be performing at Philly Fest this year in a few weeks. I'm really quite proud of this, and the editing on the video too. I hope you enjoy it!
::
College is working quite well, of course I'll let you read more about it below, as that's what I'm talking about this week in depth. And a thought just popped into my head! If I'm always missing so much because I can't think of something to write in the longer sections of the blog, perhaps would me readers simply be happy listening to me give little updates from just this first section if I never missed them each week?.... I love and hate my random ideas sometimes.
::
Work at the Meadowlands has been fairly good, I've been watching the Jets suck and then suddenly put EVERYTHING together in the second half of their last game against the Patriots, and I was quite excited to watch as they went to just clear house and get a 28 to 14 game against them! That was incredible to see let me tell you. Of course then I saw when I got home that the Giants were absolutely CRUSHED TO POWDER, and yeah, that put me in a meh kinda mood, even after seeing all my other favorite teams win, the Dolphins, Steelers, Buccaneers, and Jets.

Daily Life:
Well with college having begun it's time to talk about what I've got going on this semester. I've gotten a big change this semester over the others, I'm only taking 2 classes. There's a few reasons for this, first of all, they were the only 2 classes besides morning classes that were available that went towards my degree. That was the big reason, but the other reason and the reason why I'm not taking extra courses to pull out a full 12 credits is because I'm hopefully going to continue my job hunting through the semester and get a good job besides working at Meadowlands Stadium, that way I can actually start building up money for things such as buying a new laptop, paying back college debts with my parents, and paying for trips and such.

Now I did learn recently that the new meeting time for the Tech.MCC club which I've just stepped down as president from is now during my class time on Tuesdays, but I figure I'll be able to at least pop in from time to time as long as I get my work done readily. It's going to be a bit weird but I think I could get used to not going there each week, and Jon seems to be doing an alright job already of spreading the word and getting people into the club, I heard that there were 4 people at the first meeting without there being fliers put out, which is a good sign.

Now, on to my classes though, my first one is Typography, and it's going to be an excellent class. I've always known about how text and type can either compliment or detract from an image, and now I'm going to be learning the nuances of this and hopefully getting better at designing things. Another thing I love it, like the other class I'm taking this semester, all the work, or at least the majority of it, is going to be done in photoshop! Always great to be in my element at the computer with my program. Already the first assignment had been done and handed in, and I think it's a great start to things! I'm eager to see where this class leads. Tuesdays from noon till 5.

The next class is on Wednesdays at the same time, and it's a very similar class, even sharing the same instructor, and it's Digital Graphics. Plain and simple, you can't get more descriptive than that title, or more broad. I am also eager to see where this class leads, because it is done in nothing BUT photoshop, which is great! Like the other one the first project has already been done and I've done a decent job on it as well I believe, and it was a simple cutting and pasting assignment, the technical word being a photo-montage. Basically cut out elements from one photo and put them into another so they fit nicely. It seems to be quite easy with the skills I've gotten from doing EXACTLY THAT in a few of my profile and facebook pictures over the years, so while I'm not going to say I'm going to breeze through these classes, I will say I think they are FINALLY going to actually compliment what I already know how to do in the real world and have good real world applications as well.

Juggle This:
I am so eager for Philly Fest to arrive. I've been practicing my performance routines and am absolutely ready for it. I just hope that Michael Karas manages to show up, I may sound a bit awkward saying so, but I really don't get to see him enough. I don't know what it is, but his style and thought process I find compliments my own fairly well, and I've been inspired to do lots of things by bouncing ideas off of him, granted some of the ideas have been worse than others, but we really do get along grandly and I just feel a kinship with him. He is my best juggler friend and again, I hope he makes it so I can try out some of the awesome juggling machines he's made, I've been fascinated by so many of them from the pipes to the very notion of underwater juggling.

Sorry this is getting really tangential, Philly. Each year has been a blast and this year I hope will be no different, and of course I'm always eager to see just who shows up and maybe I'll also host a workshop there about videography or something, as I love doing that despite having only a few things I'm actually qualified to run a workshop on.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?