Monday, January 17, 2011

 

So.... uh.... yeah.

Listen Up!
So things are pretty much meh right now. I got sick over the weekend and that stalled me from writing stuff, but there were a few noteworthy things to happen last week, of course none of them really had much to do with work or college, so this section of the blog is pretty empty. Who cares though right? None needs to know about this crap anyways XD
::
The JETS! (NFL) Even after working at Meadowlands all of the past season and watching them go, I didn't think they had it in them to beat the Patriots yesterday, but DAMN! And now they are one game away from the SuperBowl, but there is no way their match against the Steelers coming up is gonna be anything other than a coin flip. But I'm for both teems so that's great, and the Packers on the other side of the League have a fairly easy win over the Bears to put them into the SuperBowl, so this is gonna be interesting!
::


Juggle This 1:
Pong Progression 2. I'm officially announcing it here, despite having said multiple times in multiple places that I'm doing it XD Basically I hope to release it either the summer of this year or near the end of this year, I'm not sure which.

The thought to release it at the end of the year comes to me because despite being viewed more than any of my other juggling videos and being featured on juggling.tv's homepage, when it came time fo the yearly top 40 jugglers vote, noone seemed to remember it or even be very impressed by it anymore. I know this is so silly and a bit sad, but after getting such a high vote 2 years ago in 2008 and then not even getting on the list in 2009 (which I can understand why), I didn't want 2010 to be a bust too, hence I finally did my two big ideas that I had sitting on the table and made Pong Progression and Android Hell, and while Android Hell was a bit of a bust in terms of views and such, Pong Progression did great, but I released it during the spring. I know I'm a decent size name in the juggling community, I guess I just don't want to fall out of it yet when I've still got a lot left in me to show...

Back to Pong Progression 2 though, I've already started getting some tricks on video for it, and with this video I'm planning to release it in HD as well, I'm making sure to convert all my footage into 720p after recording it (recording it at 720p also, I never upscale.), especially now that I have 2 HD Camcorders, my old one and my Flip Mino. The tricks I've already gotten are incredible I think. I've made a better version of the opening trick from the original, the spiral bounce trick, and made 2 entirely new shots that one is a long distance shot like you wouldn't believe and the other being a kind of shot you just have to see to understand. Let's just say this video if I keep coming up with ideas and footage like this, is going to easily be my best video yet.

Juggle This 2:
Jugglers On Juggling! My big juggling podcast, I've actually gone and committed to doing it again! Yes you may pick your lower jaws off the floor now. The first episode, despite the audio lag from my co-host being in Australia this week, the show went quite well, ustream worked great, and we had a good number of listeners, I'm really amazed at how smooth and easy it's gotten after all the podcasting experience I've done and the pre-planned format now that I've changed the show to.

There is one snag I hit though with the show, and that's the physical setup for the audio. Since ustream and Skype haven't made themselves compatible with each other yet, my setup is essentially to host the ustream broadcast on my main laptop, run skype on my backup laptop and pipe an audio cable from the headphone port, through a splitter so I can listen to the skype call on my headphones, and run the other split cable into the microphone in of the laptop running ustream. It's a hell of a setup that took me about a half hour to get working right, but once it did I got everything just the way I need it to be so I can run audio and the skype call on ustream.

A Day In The Life Of A Peanut Butter Cup ~ Reeses2150

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?